Social Business transformation
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  linux #ls10 simmtronics center waltham symphony virtual icsw preload rajagiri canonical kita #icsw company open ubuntu saintgits bridges zxyware 1 Comment 7,701 Views
We announced IBM Cient for Smart Work in India today at Lotusphere...
This is all around ECOSYSTEM build out...
1. Simmtronics, top 5 memory manufacturer in the world announced global agreement that ships ICSW on their Simmbooks in India, USA, and many other countries worldwide..
2. In partnership with Canonical (primarily) and with Red Hat on a selective basis
3. Academic Initiative center of excellences with 3 engineering colleges in the state of kerala
4. ZSL announced Powercube DaaS in India, Africa, USA
5. Zyxware, IBM and Canonical business partner piloting ICSW in Technopark in Kerala
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  smart mainline zsl verde work lotuslive eus canonical bridges wyse realtybargain redhat gts kalarisys client csscorp linux symphony virtual usa 5 Comments 5,955 Views
IBM announced IBM Client for Smart Work in USA.
1. low cost Microsoft desktop alternative
- opportunity for business/governments to free up significant money in IT budget that can self fund mission critical initiatives
2. options include
- Lotus Symphony and LotusLive iNotes/Connections on Ubuntu on Netbooks
- Lotus Symphony, Lotus Notes/iNotes, Lotus Connections, Lotus Sametime, on Ubuntu / Red Hat on desktops/laptops
- options to add Virtual linux desktops using VERDE from Virtual Bridges
- use IBM BPM modeling tool and SOA services offered by IBM/Business Partners
- IBM Global Technology Services End User Services, IBM/Canonical Business Partner services
3. Community in Lotus Greenhouse for IBM Academic Initiative faculty members
"The IBM Client for Smart Work offers university faculty, administration and students a Linux-based unified communication, collaboration and information exchange platform that potentially will facilitate sought after campus synergies," said Jeffrey A. Lasky, Professor and Chair, Department of Information Sciences and Technologies, GCCIS, Rochester Institute of Technology.
"Canonical is proud to partner with IBM to help open up the American corporate desktop through Ubuntu," said Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu and CEO of Canonical. "IBM's smart client package running on Ubuntu will allow U.S. organizations the financial freedom to redistribute the costs of expensive software licenses into IT projects that will innovate and drive critical growth."
"If a company is a 'Windows shop,' at some point it will need to evaluate the significant costs of migrating its base to Microsoft's next desktop," said Bob Picciano, General Manager, IBM Lotus Software. "American businesses have asked for a compelling alternative that can help them free up PC expenses to use for more strategic collaboration and business transformation projects."
For example, the IBM Client for Smart Work can equip the members of a company's marketing, sales and research departments with the means to quickly and efficiently collaborate. Business process modeling (BPM) can show workflows between sales and marketing, but very little between sales and research or marketing and research. Based on expertise residing in those functions and informal networks discovered through modeling, a company could find powerful insights from research playing an important role in sales and marketing efforts. It may turn out that an expert in R&D might be a company's greatest resource for marketing content, but this expertise has to be identified and shared in order to provide the highest value to the organization. Through online communities on LotusLive.com, this kind of insight can be tapped as needed for the benefit of an entire organization.
Companies can use the IBM BPM suite components such as WebSphere Dynamic Process Edition as required. Business leaders and business analysts can discover and explore business-relevant content to help them understand, experience, and accelerate business process management using IBM BPM BlueWorks.
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  united zsl george virtual canonical cto bridges verde abraham ubuntu unpf nations symphony 3,093 Views
Join us on Sept 16th to listen to Mr George Abraham, CTO of United Nations Pension Fund, New York on freeing up IT budget and investing for growth: http://www.zslinc.com/Marketing/FreeupITbudgets/Free-up-IT-budgets.html
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  collaboration virtual linux dynamics redhat amodori desktop microsoft verde migrate bridges ubuntu canonical exchange freeform 3,570 Views
More proof points on working smarter using Microsoft alternatives...
Freeform Dynamics reported based on input from 1275 survey responders worldwide that (a) cost reduction and security are major drivers, (b) ubuntu scored high, (c) after IT the low hanging fruit were General professional users (relatively light and predictable use of e-mail, office tools, etc) andTransaction workers (mostly using enterprise applications in a routine prescriptive manner) http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/27562.wss
Key statistics in the report (ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/linux/pdfs/Freeform_Dynamics-Desktop_Linux.pdf) here:
Meanwhile IBM also announced Gruppo Amodori moving from Microsoft Exchange/Offce/Windows to the IBM Open Collaboration Client Solution on RedHat (http://www.lotusonredhat.com; http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient) -- http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/27561.wss
"Our strategy is to focus on Linux first and foremost, taking a practical and pragmatic approach," said Gianluca Giovannetti, CIO and Director of Organization, Gruppo Amadori. "For us, the Linux environment is the right choice for very focused applications and is more cost effective than Microsoft."
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  windows bridges redhat desktop reduce liberate ubuntu canonical linux migrate virtual cost tco microsoft novell roi virtualize 4,305 Views
Reduce costs, lower TCO, <1year ROI?
Here is the Liberate - Migrate - Virtualize recipe
Liberate:- free up money in IT budget by taking alternate procurement strategy: http://www.ibm.com/software/info/liberate
- more than 600 companies have freed up $3.5B over the last 3 years by executing this strategy
Migrate:- Reduce software licencing costs and increase productivity through best-of-breed smarter collaboration technologies
- There are several starting points and scenarios based on user segmentation (http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient)
- Microsoft office to Lotus Symphony (http://symphony.lotus.com)
- Microsoft windows to Linux
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, SharePoint, etc. to IBM Lotus Collaboration
- Add Lotus Sametime, Lotus Connections, Lotus Quickr etc to the current environment
- Leverage a variety of Integrated Communication Services including converged communications, mobility and wireless, network optimization, RFID, and telecom expense management
- Simplify your server infrastructure by moving to Linux, System Z, etc
- Pick the best delivery model
Virtualize: (http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient)- Reduce operational costs
- Virtual windows/Linux desktops for the right user segments
- Managed end user services including self enablement portal, asset recovery, platform integration and deployment, software platform management, and workplace optimization