Recently several of our customers received this invite from Microsoft/Avanade to an event in NY where they were going to talk about re-platforming of Lotus products! So here are the top 10 questions you could ask Microsoft:
10. Please list the Microsoft products that require SQL Server? Why?
9. What is an Enterprise CAL and what is its cost? How does that differ from Core CAL?
8. How much will it cost me, per user, to move to Vista? (a) Select agreement, (b) Enterprise agreement, (c) new hardware purchase?
7. How much money can I save by signing Select Agreement and NOT renewing/signing Enterprise Agreement?
6. Why should basic administrator tasks in Exchange 2007/fail over and replicia storage require to use command line/manual operations?
5. How much more expensive is it to install Exchange 2007 compared to Exchange 2003 including hardware costs?
4. Can I virtualize Exchange 2007? If not now, when?
3. Why should I buy MS Office when I can get open standards based alternatives?
2. Please list all clients and servers required to be deployed to deliver a complete Microsoft Collaboration environment?
1. Given the fact that next version of Domino will run on the same hardware and operating system as the current version, what is meant by re-platforming? The same is not correct for Microsoft Exchange 2007, correct?