From where did social business emerge?
- Two major ISPs: AOL, CompuServe
- Active discussion groups, threads, forums for collaboration.
- Google Groups
- Millions of discussion threads.
- Embedded social (media) interfaces into the fabric of our existence; ex: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Influencing everything in our lives.
According to ReadWriteWeb.com, "Social media is bringing back humanity to all digital life. We are no longer users, consumers, shoppers. We are people again." (01/2009)
IMPACT ON BUSINESS
- Before: prospects (customers/clients) --> marketers --> the enterprise.
- Now, thanks to social networking: marketers + prospects --> enterprise.
- .:. Marketers are now able to engage in conversations > broadcasting messages. (described as social media marketing --> social CRM).
Social Analytics help uncover connections and (business) value. Methods include: dashboards, etc.
These means can help provide suggestions and/or uncover experts and/or aggregate the data to draw efficiency scales.