- See examples of Cognos Dashboards containing Usage and Financial Reports
- Compare your budgets against actuals at clients and line item level with the new client Budget and the Line Item Budget Reports
- Understand the percentage cost of the services you are using with the Percentage Report
- Understand the variance in costs and resource usage between months and years with the Cost Variance and Resource Variance Reports
- Drill down through your accounting hierarchy and see which services are being used with the Application Cost Report
Two reports are also provided to allow users to understand how they are doing against their budget. The Line Item Budget report compares usage against budget at service level to help identify those services using more than their allotted budget. Similarly, the Client Budget Report is a new report showing a comparison of the client level budget with the actual charges for the client, with any deviations from the budget highlighted:
The Percentage report allows users to understand the charges by sub-client and service by showing the total charges and its associated percentage of the overall costs by both client and service. For cloud users, this allows you to drilldown to understand the distribution between projects and teams. Users can expand and collapse the report to get a full understanding of all the areas being charged.
Reports to compare both the charges and usage between periods have been provided in this report pack. The Cost Variance report compares the charges from the current and previous period by client and service providing an understanding of the changes in charges over time. Similarly, the Resource Variance report compares the usage in the same way so users can see in detail how usage is changing from period to period.
Drill Down Reports
Drill down through the account hierarchy and see the services being used by each client with the Application Cost Report. Cloud users can drilldown into their projects and teams to get an understanding of what resources are being used and their charges. Users can see the charges for each level in the Account hierarchy and the associated charge for each service and service group being used.