We know that cloud computing offers a myriad of benefits like rapid service delivery and lower operating costs. But it can also lead to challenges in data governance, access control, activity monitoring and visibility of dynamic resources—in essence, all aspects of IT security.
The IT organization must have the capabilities to both deliver services more quickly to meet the demands of the business and be able to provide high levels of security and compliance. In the past the delivery of the services was typically the bottleneck in providing new services, but now with automated cloud and self service delivery models the teams responsible for change management and security can quickly become the bottleneck due to manual processes and siloed tools.
For example, organizations need the ability to patch all of their systems, both physical and virtual, whether distributed or part of a cloud. Operations teams need better insight into and control of deployed virtual systems, including OS patch levels, installed middleware applications and related security configurations. And there can be too many security exposures with offline and suspended VM’s that haven’t been patched in weeks or months.
A holistic approach is needed that addresses rapid provisioning of services and automation of key security and compliance requirements. Together these capabilities can keep you in control of rapidly changing cloud environments. First let’s look at the capabilities needed in a cloud provisioning solution.
Cloud provisioning should combine application and image provisioning for workload optimized clouds and deliver:
· Reduced costs with automated high-scale provisioning; multiple hypervisor options and HW of choice
· Accelerated time-to-market with standardized pattern-based deployment for workload optimized cloud
· Image sprawl prevention with in-built advanced image lifecycle management capabilities
· Ease of adoption and clear roadmap to move to advanced cloud capabilities
Second, a unified endpoint management approach is required to provide visibility and control of your systems, regardless of context, location or connectivity, and needs to deliver:
· Heterogeneous platform support with seamless patch management for multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac OS, as well as hypervisor platforms
· Automatic assessment and “single click” remediation, which shortens time to compliance by automatically identifying necessary patches and enabling users to target and remediate endpoints quickly
· Enterprise-class scalability and security to provide proven scalability, including fine-grained authorization and access control capabilities
Explore these capabilities with the new IBM SmartCloud Patch Management.