The beta version of the new OMEGAMON XE on z/VM and Linux, as part of the Smart Cloud Monitoring offering, is now available for you to download and try. You can register for the download at https://www.ibm.com/services/forms/preLogin.do?source=swerptiv This new release features support for:
- Single System Image (SSI)
- Live Guest Relocations (LGR)
- Emulated FBA SCSI devices
- Self Defining Agent support. This will automatically upgrade your TEMS, TEPS and TEP with the latest application support.
- As part of Smart Cloud Monitoring you will now be able to monitor your heterogeneous environment from one dashboard. Monitoring for z/VM, VMWare. Linux and p-series are all integrated into one dashboard. From this dashboard you can drill down into the individual platforms as needed.
- You will also receive a set of Cognos reports for each platform to be used with Tivoli Common Reporting
In addition, there is a hosted beta website, where you can see an installed version of the release, look around, try things and provide feedback, all without needing to download the beta to your own system. To gain access to this site you will need to download a CISCO VPN client and register for a userid/pw. If you are interested in this option, send an email to email@example.com