IBM Service Agility Accelerator for Cloud V1.1.0 delivers an entry-level cloud solution to fulfill demand for rapid deployment of virtual machines (VM) and associated server images in high-volume or low-volume environments. It enables VM deployment and low-touch characteristics for businesses to provide cloud services within dynamically changing environments.
IBM Service Agility Accelerator for Cloud V1.1.0 capabilities for high-scale, low-touch VM deployment allows enterprises and cloud service providers to give their users fast and flexible access to VMs and storage on demand over the network. It is highly resilient both to failures of the service and to failures of the components underpinning the cloud infrastructure. Conflicts are reduced because load and demand balancing are carried out based on the real system state.
Differentiating characteristics of IBM Service Agility Accelerator for Cloud:
- Rapid image deployment
- Rapid automated recovery from provisioning errors since failures are retried automatically with little or no manual intervention (compared to hours or even days for traditional manual recovery)
- Scalable to handle high volumes of simultaneous requests, over 4,000 VMs per hour (compared to 20 to 200 VMs per hour using traditional deployment)
- Increased time-to-value implementation by leveraging virtual images to install the solution, which translates into an installed solution in hours compared to weeks or months using traditional software installation methods
- Designed to provide enhanced return on investment (ROI) for virtualized environments
- Can provide low cost, lightweight introduction to cloud technology with highly automated, fault tolerant, rapid deployment of VMs
- Can help improve performance against service level agreements (SLAs) through highly automated, fault tolerant parallel deployment of VMs
- Can help reduced operational expense through self-service UI, fault tolerance, and automatic error recovery
- Is designed to deliver rapid time to value and unmatched automation and performance.
More details here in the Announcement Letter