New! IBM Cloud capabillity - the Virtual Deployment Engine - in Beta and available now!
ValoryBatchellor 0600012GU5 Visits (3748)
VDE will provide a low-cost, easy to implement cloud solution to fulfil demand for rapid deployment of virtual machines and storage in high or low volume environments with massive scalability, high resiliency and low management costs. It's been in development for a number of months and is now ready for wider trials with our customers. Those who have witnessed it first hand are highly impressed with the speed of deployment and the fast time-to-value.
The main features of this exciting new capability are:
- Quick deployment times of VM and storage - even for thousands of virtual images, eg:
- Low overhead approaches to image instantiation, recovery and management
- Self-service feature to give end users easy and fast access to the virtual components they require
- Distributed design avoids single point of failure. Recovery from failures is automatic and immediate, not manual and time-consuming
- Reduced administration and maintenance effort
You can now download and deploy the Beta code in your own test environment, and see for yourself.
Design presentations, demonstrations and documentation are all available on our Discussion Forum, which all participants will be given access to. As well as giving you direct contact with the Development team, the Forum also gives you the opportunity to connect with our other participating customers and business partners.
Beta Programs give you an unrivalled opportunity to influence the direction of products so that they suit the way you do business, and to try new or updated solutions in your own environment free of charge.
If you would like to join the Beta program or simply want more information, please contact the Beta Manager, Valory Batchellor (val