The case study shows how one of the world’s leading infrastructure outsourcing providers has seen the business opportunity of offering to its clients a cloud-based solution that combines the benefits of a high-value infrastructure service provider with the cost advantages of Cloud computing. Capgemini focused the new cloud based services on delivering to their clients Infrastructure as a Service capabilities with much higher flexibility and substantial cost-efficiency.
In partnership with IBM, Capgemini built a fully integrated cloud delivery platform for clients in the UK and USA leveraging the Tivoli Service Delivery Manager solution that includes the IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager, Tivoli Monitoring and Tivoli Usage Accounting Manager products. On top of the IBM hardware BladeCenter HS22V and XIV Storage System technologies.
The key aspects of the solution built by Capgemini has been:
- Implementation of a resilient and scalable global infrastructure with capability of managing resource pools in different regions and with a modular design for quick scale out
- Single solution that enables to manage a wide range of platforms and architectures that does not tie to any specific hardware technology or vendor. Ability to choose the right hypervisor and guest OS platforms for the right workload
- Multi-Customer shared infrastructure providing secure network separation between customer environments
- Automation of network management and configuration that enables to support multiple network domains per customer and linkage to the customers private networks
- Extensible service catalog to fit the needs of the Capgemini customers
- Ability to quickly on-board existing Capgemini customer workloads.