While we endeavor to improve the user experience and simplicity of the Tivoli Common Reporting installation in the next major release of Jazz for Service Management, here are some pointers to help you with a clean installation of TCR 3.1 on a single server.
What's different from TCR 2.1.1 installation?
Instead of a single installation program that created the Derby database for the IBM Cognos Content Store and installed Tivoli Common Reporting with IBM Tivoli Integrated Portal in an embedded WebSphere Application Server, you now have:
DB2 binaries to install DB2, though you can use an existing DB2 9.7 Fix Pack 5 or 10.1 installation
Jazz for Service Management launchpad and Installation Manager to install WebSphere Application Server, create the Jazz for Service Management application server profile and install Dashboard Application Services Hub (replaces Tivoli Integrated Portal)
SQL script to create the Cognos Content Store
Tivoli Common Reporting installation program to install Tivoli Common Reporting and connect to the Cognos Content Store
Yes, it's stepping back in consumability; but sometimes we need to step back before we can leap forward...
What do I need?
Installation media – either you've obtained the JazzSM DVDs with the Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure (Tivoli) product you purchased, or you can download electronic images from IBM Passport Advantage website. You'll need installation media for:
IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition 10.1 (or use your own installation of DB2 9.7 Fix Pack 5 or 10.1)
IBM WebSphere 184.108.40.206 (or use your own installation of WebSphere Application Server 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168)
Jazz for Service Management 1.1 (has the launchpad, Installation Manager, and Dashboard Application Services Hub that Tivoli Common Reporting has a dependency on)
Tivoli Common Reporting 3.1 (also contains IBM Cognos Mobile that provides mobile support in Tivoli Common Reporting)
Framework Manager 10.2 (should you want to model business data views of data)
Where do I start?
- If you have a browser available in your target environment, then start from here:
- Quick path to installing Tivoli Common Reporting v3.1(PDF) – Dan Krissell, TCR Architect, prepared this popular presentation on the high level steps to install TCR.
Tivoli Common Reporting Quick Start Guide (PDF/HTML) – Now part of the official JazzSM documentation and available in the JazzSM Info Center, and coming soon on JazzSM QSG DVD and eImage; 2-page doc containing high level steps to install TCR, with links to the relevant procedures in the info center
What if you don't have a browser or a graphical environment, for example, AIX platform, then a silent installation is the scenario for you:
Run Prerequisite Scanner
Scenario3_UI_Server.sh|batconvenience script and avoid an installation failure due to missing prerequisites. Learn more from Running Prerequisite Scanner.
- Install DB2 if not already installed.
Create the Cognos Content Store by first running the
TCR_generate_content_store_db2_definition.bat|shscript and then running the generated SQL file. Learn more from Creating the Content Store.
- Silently install Installation Manager. Learn more from Silently installing Installation Manager.
- Use Installation Manager to silently install the application serving environment with WebSphere Application Server, Jazz for Service Management extension for IBM WebSphere, Dashboard Application Services Hub, and the application server profile. Learn more from Application server: Silently installing the reporting services application serving environment.
- Silently install Tivoli Common Reporting. Learn more from Installing Tivoli Common Reporting by using silent mode.
Need more information?
Go to the Installing Tivoli Common Reporting section of the JazzSM 1.1 Info Center. Based on feedback received, it's been updated in September 2013.