Modified on by GraceMBarker
Get your hands on IBM’s enterprise-grade features to start experimenting with Hadoop today.
InfoSphere BigInsights combines the power of Hadoop with enterprise-grade features including visualization & exploration, advanced analytics, and security & administration.
InfoSphere BigInsights Quick Start Edition, the latest edition to the InfoSphere BigInsights family, is a free, downloadable, non-production version.
To download today visit: http://ibm.co/19ArxhN
Modified on by GraceMBarker
Come join us at the IBM Big Data Connect to Win - Big Insights at the Speed of Business event on Tuesday, October 16 where industry experts will share their real-world experiences to help you learn how to take control of your ever-growing supply of data and turn it into an enterprise source of knowledge.
- Evolve your data warehouse to take advantage of new technologies like Hadoop
- Speed up your analytics with DB2 BLU
- Discover insights and optimize decisions fast enough to impact your business in real-time
- Deliver trusted information for data warehousing and business analytics
- Network and create relationships with other Business Partners in the community
Tuesday, October 16, 2013
2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
IBM Innovation Center
3600 Steeles Ave. E.
Markham ON L3R 9Z7
REGISTER at http://ibm.co/154ayDZ
Did you attend the first quarter kickoff for IBM Business Analytics? This call was targeted for IBM Business Partners and covered the latest news
and developments around Business Analytics. Speakers discussed:
- strategic market outlook
- new products and offerings
- new Business Partner programs
- events, and
- how Business Partners can continue to grow business and profitability
If you missed the session, the replay and slide deck are available online - click here
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It's 2013 and the start of a great new year. What are your new year's resolutions? Here at the IIC Toronto, we resolve to continue providing our Business Partners with the resources, training, and events to best assist you with your business and to build on our existing relationship with you.
We've got a busy year ahead with events and training built around the 2012 Tech Trends Report finding that the key areas of interest are analytics, mobile, cloud, and social. We'd love to hear from you, our Business Partners, on topics that are of particular interest to you, or if you are looking for more in-depth coverage of particular topics. Tell us how we can help you succeed in 2013!
Upcoming Events for IBM Business Partners
January 27 - 31
The annual IBM Tech Trends study results have been published by developerWorks
and the IBM Center for Applied Insights
. Last year, the results showed that analytics, mobile, cloud, and social were the key technologies being developed. The 2012 results represent responses from over 1,200 IT decision-makers and 700 academics (both educators and students).
- Information about the state of analytics, mobile, cloud and social technologies.
- Who is really embracing newer technologies.
- How companies respond to opportunities and risks from new technologies.
- Why hiring for key IT skills is becoming increasingly difficult.
- What are the skill gaps in technology.
About IBM developerWorksibm.com/developerworks
IBM developerWorks is an industry-leading, award-winning technical resource and professional network for the developer community. Four million IT professionals, faculty and students across 195 countries use developerWorks each month to learn about advances in IT and open standards, develop skills, solve problems and work collaboratively with experts and peers.
About the IBM Center for Applied Insightsibm.com/smarter/cai/value
The IBM Center for Applied Insights introduces new ways of thinking, working and leading. Through evidence-based research, the Center arms leaders with pragmatic guidance and the case for change.
Are you an IBM Business Partner focused on Business Analytics? Does your portfolio include Risk Analytics tools to help your customers make risk-driven business decisions?
Sign up for this webinar that examines examples of risk-driven business decisions, why they are necessary, and learn about how IBM solutions, Algorithmics and OpenPages, can be adopted to improve how you meet your clients' needs.
Date: December 6, 2012 @ 10 a.m. ET
- Maura Cieslik, Worldwide Risk Analytics Channel, Business Unit Executive
- Andy Coulter, Worldwide Channels Business Development Executive - Risk Analytics
The Beacon Awards recognize the best solutions and services IBM Business Partners have delivered to clients around the world. With over 30 different awards to recognize achievement, this annual award offers IBM Business Partners the opportunity to get recognized. Submit a nomination
to be considered for the industry's top awards.
Beacon Award winners and finalists enjoy a unique competitive advantage through enhanced visibility and recognition for their winning solution. The winners and finalists receive:
- Complimentary registration to PartnerWorld Leadership Conference (PWLC) 2013
- Promotion of winners and finalists on the PartnerWorld Web site and throughout PWLC
- Use of Beacon Award marks for one year
- Crystal trophy
- Photo taken with IBM executive(s) at PWLC
Winners will also receive:
- Complimentary hotel accommodations at PWLC
- Press support
- Promotional video
Don't miss the deadline on Thursday, November 29, 2012 @ 11:59 p.m. US EST. Get your nomination in today!
What does "social business" mean to you?
"A social business is engaged - Deeply connecting people to be involved in productive, efficient ways.
A social business is transparent - Providing line of sight across traditional boundaries and better aligning actions to needs.
A social business is nimble - Speeding up business with insight to anticipate and address evolving opportunities."
The IBM Social Business
solution portfolio is broad, and includes: Connections 4, Connections Suite, Intranet Experience Suite; mobile, integration, Social Content, Analytics. IBM is now offering the "Ready for Social Business" mark for qualified Business Partners. This new program enables Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and System Integrators (SIs) to integrate their solutions with IBM's Social Business platform.
PARTNERING WITH IBM SOCIAL BUSINESS
October 24, 2012
Toronto IBM Innovation Center
To learn more about IBM Social Business, hear from IBM executives and Business Partners working with social business solutions and network at the upcoming Partnering with IBM Social Business event being held at the Toronto IIC.
- Learn about the roadmap and preview a demo of upcoming App Dev assets
- Network with key IBMers involved in social App Dev
- Discuss marketing opportunities
Last week I reminded you of the IBM InterConnect 2012 event at Resort World Sentosa in Singapore which focuses on business-IT hot topics. This week, I'd like to bring to your attention the upcoming IBM Information on Demand 2012 conference.
IBM Information on Demand 2012
October 21 - 25, 2012
Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas
This 5-day conference will cover four key forums, include general and keynote speakers, opportunities to network with IBM executives and Business Partners, and experience products, services, and solutions.
- Participate in technical sessions at the IBM Information Management Forum
- Learn about Business Analytics at 5 key tracks: Business Intelligence, Predictive & Advanced Analytics, Performance Management, Risk Analytics, and Social Media & Customer Analytics
- Explore Enterprise Content Management through hands-on labs, deep dive sessions or directly from IBM subject matter experts
- Executives, managers, and decision makers are invited to cover business issues at the Business Leadership Forum
- General sessions and keynote speakers cover interesting and relevant topics with valuable insights