The following error messages might be displayed while adding a Db2 data source by using IBM Cloud Application Business Insights:
- Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Security mechanism not supported. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000
- java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory ([jcc][4.21.29] Caught java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException while initializing EncryptionManager. See attached Throwable for details. ERRORCODE=-4223, SQLSTATE=null)
Note: The error messages are displayed only if security mechanisms are enabled on the Db2 database.
Ensure that Java version 1.8.0 or later is installed on the system where you installed IBM Cloud Application Business Insights.
The issue is related to Java encryption, to resolve the issue you must install the "Bouncy Castle" libraries to replace the security on the Java virtual machine (JVM).
Complete the following steps to install "Bouncy Castle" libraries on the system where you installed IBM Cloud Application Business Insights:
- Go to the directory where Java is installed.
- Download the bcprov-jdk15on-162.jar file to the Java directory from the following URL:
- Place the JAR file at the following location:
For example, <Java_path>/jre/lib/ext
- Open the java.security file that is placed at the following location:
- Replace the security.provider.2 property line with the following one:
- Save the java.security file.
- Complete the following steps to restart IBM Cloud Application Business Insights server:
- Run the following command to stop the IBM Cloud Application Business Insights server:
cd $install_dir ./stop_icabi.sh
install_dir is the directory where the application is installed.
- Run the following command to start the IBM Cloud Application Business Insights server:
cd $install_dir ./start_icabi.sh
- Run the following command to check whether Apache NiFi is up and running:
If process ID is displayed, it indicates that Apache NiFi is started. However, if the process ID is not displayed, then repeat this step until the process ID is displayed.