Here is how to set up a new instance of IBM Case Manager on the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise environment:
Creating an SCE Account
First, you will need an account with IBM SmartCloud Enterprise (SCE). To get an account, internal IBM users can get all of the information they need from this internal website, including the purpose and intended usage of SCE, pricing, and links to the forms for requesting an SCE account: Obtaining an SCE AccountExternal customers and IBM Business Partners may go to the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise site and click Order now, or contact an IBM representative through live chat, email, or phone. If you're outside of the U.S., use the Select a country locator in the top-right of the page. Choose your country and learn how to create an account in your location.The IBM SmartCloud team will work with you to get your account set up and help you with getting started. Once you have an SCE account, you can create instances on the cloud.
Create a IBM Case Manager Instance
Here are a few simple steps to get you started on creating an IBM Case Manager instance:
- Sign into the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise portal (IBM SCE Dashboard)
- Select the Control Panel tab.
- Go to Instances tab and click Add instance.
a. From the View list, select public.
b. From the Data Center list, select the datacenter.
c. From the Architecture list, select the 64bit or Any.
d. In the Image Name field, type IBM Case Manager*
e. Click Filter your images based on the search criteria provided (the right arrow button).
f. Select an image from the resulting list, selecting either the Developer's Use Only (DUO) or PreRelease version of the IBM Case Manager image, and click Next.
- Configure the image by entering the Request Name, selecting the Server Configuration (either Silver, Gold, or Platinum), and specifying a desired IP address or persistent disk (see IBM SCE User's Guide for more information) . When you finish, click Next to proceed.
- Enter the Windows user account and password, and then confirm the password. This account will be used to connect to the instance of IBM Case Manager using Remote Desktop. The password specified here will also be used for most accounts on the instance, with a few exceptions that are outlined in the instance's Getting Started Guide. Click Next to proceed.
- Verify the image configurations. Click Next to proceed.
- Read the service agreement. After you select the I agree choice, click Next to submit your request.
For a detailed explanation of how to create an instance, please see the IBM SCE User's Guide. Also, you can watch a demo on how to create a new instance: Demo #1 - Instance Creation & ManagementNext, you will need to wait for your instance to be provisioned. This process often takes about an hour, but may take longer during high-congestion times.
Remote connect to the Case Manager instance
Once your instance is finished provisioning, you must log into the instance using Remote Desktop Connection before you begin using IBM Case Manager. Additional configuration of the Process Engine server must be completed before your IBM Case Manager instance is ready to use. Logging into the instance will trigger a script that will run this final configuration, which will take 10-20 minutes. Upon logging in, you will see a command prompt that will warn you that additional configuration is being done on the system. Once the configuration is finished, the command prompt will inform you that your instance is ready to be used.To log into the instance using Remote Desktop Connection, follow these steps:
- To open Remote Desktop Connection, click Start, point to All programs, point to Accessories, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter the computer name of the remote Windows instance. Click Connect.
- Enter your username and password that you specified when provisioning the instance.
Getting Started Guide
For your convenience, a Getting Started Guide is provided, which contains more information about your IBM Case Manager instance, plus handy links on the instance to IBM Case Manager Builder, IBM Case Manager Client, and other services on the instance. To view the Getting Started Guide, either select the instance from the Instances sub-tab of the Control Panel tab, or connect to the instance using Remote Desktop Connection and click the "Getting Started" shortcut on the desktop or click the "Getting Started" favorite in Internet Explorer.
Securing your Case Manager Instance
Note that you are responsible for security on the IBM Case Manager instance. All attempts at securing the IBM Case Manager cloud image have been made. However, you must still install an Anti-virus program to protect your instance (available for Internal IBM users at IBM Virus CERT Download Page), and keep up to date on any security patches. Internal IBM users must conform to ITCS104 security requirements, which includes registering the instance with the Mixed Address Database (MAD), which enables easy identification of virtual machine owners and initiates the required automatic, weekly network vulnerability scan which is required per ITCS104 section 1.5.4. More information on ITCS104 requirements, including detailed instructions on how to register and de-register your instance with MAD can be found at SCE ITCS104 Compliance Guidance for IBM Adopters.