Getting Started with the IBM Case Manager Cloud
Once provisioning is complete using the instructions in our previous blog entry, you can use the following instructions to get started with your image:
Connect to Your Instance
On the Windows operating system, you can control your instance with a Microsoft Remote Desktop client by logging in with the user administrator. The password for that user is automatically generated during instance creation and available from the instance information once provisioned.
You will change that password the first time you log into your instance when the last configuration step is executed. This will take about 20 min.
Administrative console for Content Engine Server profile : https://<instance-ip>:9043/ibm/console
Administrative console for IBM Case Manager profile : https://<instance-ip>:9044/ibm/console
Administrative console for IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring profile (Only accessible on image) : https://<instance-ip>:9046/ibm/console
IBM Case Manager Info Page : http://<instance-ip>:9081/CaseManager/CASEREST/v1/info
IBM Case Builder : http://<instance-ip>:9081/CaseBuilder
IBM Case Client : http://<instance-ip>:9081/navigator/?desktop=icm
IBM Case Manager administration client : http://<instance-ip>:9081/navigator/?desktop=icmadmin
IBM Content Navigator administration desktop : http://<instance-ip>:9081/navigator/?desktop=admin
Administration Console for Content Platform Engine : http://<instance-ip>:9080/acce
Workplace XT : http://<instance-ip>:9081/WorkplaceXT
IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring : http://<instance-ip>/cognos/realtime
Log on by using the WebSphere Application Server administrator ID P8Admin and the password that you specified during instance configuration. You can add more by using the IBM Case Manager administration client.Note the following important issues:
- You will be alerted that the security certificate for the administrative console site is not issued by a trusted certificate authority. This condition does not indicate an error or a security problem. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, follow the prompts to add a security exception for the site. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website. If you are using a a different web browser, see the documentation provided by the browser vendor.
- Only the Windows users Administrator, P8Admin may be used to log into the instance using Remote Desktop. The password for these users is the same as the password defined during instance configuration. If the administrator user is locked out, you may use P8Admin to log in and unlock the user.
- FileNet Enterprise Manager will not work, as Microsoft WSE 3.0 is not installed. To enable FEM, download and install Microsoft WSE 3.0 from this website: Download Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 for Microsoft .NET Redistributable Runtime MSI from Official Microsoft Download Center.
This image contains everything needed for a development environment of IBM Case Manager, including the following components:
- IBM Case Manager, V5.2.0
- Content Platform Engine server, V5.2.0 Feature Pack 2
- IBM Content Navigator V2.0.2
- Workplace XT, V126.96.36.199
- IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition, V9.7 Fix Pack 4
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, V8.5.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, V7.0 Fix Pack 27
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server, V6.3
- IBM Installation Manager, V1.5.3
- IBM FileNet P8 eForms, V4.0.2 Fix Pack 14
- IBM FileNet eForms Designer, V5.0.3 Fix Pack 3
- IBM Content Analytics and Enterprise Search, V3.0
- IBM Forms Server, V8.0.1
- IBM Forms Designer, V8.0.1
- Generic Case Import Tool
- IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring, V10.2
- IBM HTTP Server, V7.0 Fix Pack 27
- IBM Case Foundation, V5.2.0 Feature Pack 2
- IBM Java 32-bit JRE 6.0 Service Refresh 14
There are three WebSphere Application Server profiles on this image. The first profile (AppSrv01) contains the Content Engine server, the second profile (AppSrv02) contains IBM Case Manager and related applications, and the third profile (AppSrv03) contains IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring.
WebSphere Application Server security is enabled on the first two profiles, with the P8Admin user ID serving as the WebSphere Application Server administrator ID. The third profile containing IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring does not have security enabled. Access to the third profile's administrative console is blocked by the image's firewall to prevent unauthorized access to the profile.
During the initialization of the image, you are required to set the password for the IBM Case Manager admininstrator. Use this password to log on to the WebSphere Application Server administrative console and all IBM Case Manager components.
IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring uses the default credentials (administrator ID rtmadmin, password manager).
Generic Case Import Tool
The Generic Case Import Tool is also included for generating cases for solutions on this image. You can find the tool in the folder C:\icm\icmCaseImport. For more information about how to use this tool, see the document Generic Case Import Tool User Guide.doc located in the folder. A sample batch file icmCaseImport.bat is in the folder, which takes in a list of the operational modes to use (typically "1,2,3" or a subset) and uses the input.dat file for input, which will require the LDAP user's password to be filled in. For example, the command icmCaseImport.bat "1,2,3" will create 100 randomized cases of the type CCDM_ManageDisputeItem.
More about IBM Case Manager