These are some of the known limitations of IBM DB .NET Core Provider and listed support is not available:
- Support for 32 Bit OS platform.
- Direct porting of .NET applications written for Windows into Linux.
- Users needs to modify the package name since there are different packages for Windows and Linux.
- Support for Entity Framework wizard in Visual Studio.
- The Reverse Engineering is not yet supported and users needs to manually create the Entity classes.
- The following list of features is not supported in this release as SQL generated by the new MS EF Core Provider model, and query/command pipelines do not comply 'AS IS' and needs additional processing:
- IBM i - ANY/ALL, Computed Column and deep nested LATERAL join
- Informix Dynamic Server - FirstOrDefault in a subquery, FIRST or ORDERBY in a WHERE clause subquery, Computed Column and deep nested LATERAL join
- DB2 for z/OS - scalar full SELECT in ORDERBY clause, Computed Column and deep nested LATERAL join
- DB2 for LUW - correlated sub queries inside ORDERBY clause and deep nested LATERAL join.
Update : On 8th October 2018.