Using BIO-key’s fingerprint biometrics, organizations are able to find the right balance between security and convenience. Fingerprint biometrics provides operational savings compared to other authentication solutions:
- Users no longer must update or memorize passwords, make calls to the help desk for password support or reset, nor experience downtime to wait for resolution. Therefore, users and support staff can be more productive.
- Unlike other strong authentication methods, such as smart cards, purchase and distribution of credentials are not necessary. And BIO-key’s fingerprint authentication eliminates the ongoing administrative cost (and hassle) of replacing damaged, lost, or stolen credentials.
- One finger reader per machine is less expensive than providing a separate smart card or other token to every user.
- Unlike other biometrics technologies, such as facial and iris recognition, no expensive equipment is required for image capture.
- Flexible deployment options can add to potential cost savings. The ability to work in different environments along with the ability to work with multitude of sensors, can provide the users with potential cost savings.