Note that this is mostly a maintenance release with a couple of improvements. Upgrade is recommended but not mandatory. Go ahead and take HAK for a spin and tell us what you think in the comments below. In the provided link, you can get HAK 1.7.1 for all supported platforms, Host Attachment Guide, and platform-specific Release Notes.
Release HighlightsWe recommend checking out the full list of changes and known issues for a specific platform in the corresponding Host Attachment Kit 1.7.1 Release Notes, available in the link above.
- Overall quality improvement, focused on Windows and Linux platforms: we've fixed over 40 bugs and implemented over 20 improvements.
- Provide detailed information the configuration steps HAK performs on the hosts, as we're aware that the host admins would really like to know that.
- xiv_attach now presents a clear list of the configuration steps.
- Added the "--verbose" flag to HAK tools. e.g. xiv_attach --verbose notifies about the changes HAK is about to perform.
- Host Attachment Guide's appendix A documents the configuration actions.
- Improved Windows KB installation, and clarified Windows KB requirements in the Release Notes
- Improved Windows installer and portable HAK packages
- Added support for Linux RHEL 5.7, 6.1 and 6.2.
- Improved Non-English locale support
We've invested a lot in internal test and development improvements. Most notably we've increased the automated test coverage and improved our automated build environment. This allows us to provide you with a better tested, higher quality product.
Got comments? we'd like to hear them!
- The XIV Host Software team