The samples provided here demonstrate how you can use IBM® z/OS® Management Facility (z/OSMF) workflows to compile and bind IMS™ Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway XML converters.
By taking advantage of the supportive framework of user input validation, tool tips and online user assistance in z/OSMF, tasks in a z/OSMF workflow can help guide the activities for those responsible for compiling and binding the XML converters in the form of structured procedures known as workflows.
Two workflow XML files are provided in this sample:
- COBOL compilation and binding
- PL/I compilation and binding
The workflow samples simplify the converter compilation task by by collecting the required information and executing the job through a web interface, and thereby reduce potential typos and user errors.
The provided workflow samples are developed and tested with the following software:
- z/OSMF V2R1
- IMS 13
- IBM Rational Developer for System z V9.1 (for generating the XML converters)
- IMS Enterprise Suite V3.1 SOAP Gateway (for hosting the web services that access the IMS transactions and invoke the deployed XML converters)
Download the zOSMF_Workflows_IMSSOAP_xmlconverterszip file. Extract this file and you will find the following files:
- A PDF document that describes the required software and provides step-by-step instructions with screen captures.
- Two workflow sample XML files.