By Mo Townsend and Paul McWilliams.
Are you ready? The End of Support (EOS) for Db2 11 for z/OS is coming fast, just 12 months away on September 30, 2020!
If you haven't started your Db2 12 migration, here are some next steps resources to help you get started:
- Watch Db2 12 for z/OS Migration webcast replays featuring John Campbell, to build a solid foundation for your migration plan and to ensure a safe and successful migration. In particular, the following replays are available:
- Db2 12 for z/OS Technical Overview - Part 1
- Db2 12 for z/OS Technical Overview - Part 2
- Db2 12 for z/OS Migration Planning and Experiences - Part 1
- Db2 12 for z/OS Migration Planning and Experiences - Part 2
- Register now to join the live webcast "The Time is NOW! Upgrade to Db2 12 for z/OS!" on October 9 at 11am EDT. In this session, Db2 Gold Consultants will provide business benefits for moving to Db2 12 and help you build the case within your firm to justify your migration. Gold Consultants represent an independent voice, and they assist many Db2 for z/OS customers on migration projects, performance tuning, design to leverage new Db2 capabilities, and more! During this webcast, topics will include:
- Benefits of upgrading to Db2 12 .
- Continuous availability and potential cost savings
- In-memory Features
- Pre-planning tasks
- Costs and risks associated with failing to migrate by September 30, 2020
- Live Q&A session
- Contact an IBM Gold Consultant. IBM Gold Consultants, recognized as some of the world’s most experienced independent consultants for Db2 for z/OS and related products, bring extensive industry experience and technical expertise to help IBM clients define and implement strong strategies for their data and analytics initiatives, including migration to Db2 12. With in-depth technical knowledge and communication skills, the consultants can fill in skill gaps within a client’s organization and facilitate better performing solutions, optimal database designs and high availability.
- Contact Db2 for z/OS Migration Support Services. IBM Lab Services are available to assist you in migration to Db2 12 with flexible offerings: from planning, to assistance through migration process, to performing the migration, to post-migration support.
Db2 12 for z/OS was announced in October 2016 under IBM's Enhanced Support policy, which mandates a minimum of 5 years standard support plus 3 years of optional, fee-based extended support. No end of support date for Db2 12 has been planned or announced at this time. You can check the IBM Software lifecycle page for Db212 at any time for updates.
Mo Townsend is Director of Software Development for Db2 for z/OS and Paul McWilliams is an Information Developer for Db2 for z/OS.
Subscribe to always get the latest news about Db2 for z/OS from the IBM lab!
Follow us on Twitter: @DB2zLabNews