Today, IBM announced Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V4.4 and z/OS XL C/C++ 2.1.
Session 13789: What's New in Enterprise PL/I and C/C++ will discuss all of the new features of the new compiler versions.
Enterprise PL/I for z/OS 4.4 features discussed will include:
Improved performance of PL/I applications
- Improved exploitation of zEC12 and zBC12 hardware
- New optimization features (e.g. improve code for UTF-16; improve code generation for Decimal-Floating-Point Zoned-Conversion Facility…)
- 4X improvement in listing generation time
- Improved Middleware support
- Better error messages when compiling SQL programs
New features to support IMS
- Sparse arrays, XML cleaning and normalization; base 64 encoding/decoding
- Significantly reduced size of IMS convertor, allowing more convertors to run in same addressing space
- Support for the latest IBM Middleware: CICS, DB2 and IMS
- UTF 16 PICTURE support
- New program diagnostics features
- Increase programmer productivity and application modernization
Session 13790: Make Your PL/I and C/C++ Code Fly With the Right Compiler Options will discuss how to best leverage the compiler options available to you in order to generate the best performing code. The session will answer questions such as:
· What does ARCH(n)/TUNE(n) do for/to my compiled code?
· What can HGPR, FLOAT( AFP ), COMPACT do to improve the code generated by the compiler?
· What coding techniques can benefit from higher arch levels?
· What happens to my code when I turn optimization on?
· What optimization level can get me the sweet spot between compile time and run time performance?
· What other options can affect application performance?