Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V5.1 documentation is refreshed to include the following enhancements:
Enhancements in usability:
New or changed built-in functions, pseudovariables, and subroutines:
New built-in functions:
Updated built-in functions:
- The LOWERCASE and UPPERCASE built-in functions now accept a second optional argument, so that you can specify a code page that all characters will be converted to their lowercase equivalent or uppercase equivalent. All A-Z/a-z values and Ä-unlaut/ä-umlaunt values will be converted to their equivalents.
- The REPATTERN and TIMESTAMP built-in functions now can be used to obtain the current date and time in the z system format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS.999999.
- The ROUNDDEC built-in function has been renamed as ROUNDAWAYFROMZERO.
For details, see Summary of Changes (Changes in GC27-8930-00, April 2017).
Compiler option enhancements:
- The new ASSERT compiler option controls whether ASSERT statements call a default library routine that will raise the ASSERTION condition or a routine provided by the user.
- The new CASE compiler option controls whether some names will be shown in uppercase or in the same format as they appear in the source program.
- The CMPAT(LE) and CMPAT(V1) have been restored in the CMPAT compiler option.
- The RULES compiler option has these new suboptions:
- LAXINTERFACE | NOLAXINTERFACE
- MULTIENTRY | NOMULTIENTRY
- MULTIEXIT | NOMULTIEXIT
- UNREFCTL | NOUNREFCTL
- UNREFDEFINED | NOUNREFDEFINED
- UNREFENTRY | NOUNREFENTRY
- UNREFFILE | NOUNREFFILE
- UNREFSTATIC | NOUNREFSTATIC
- YY | NOYY
- The NOELSEIF suboption of the RULES compiler option now also flag ELSE statements immediately followed by an IF statement that is enclosed in a simple DO-END.
- The CICS preprocessor output now includes a listing of all the CICS options in effect when the preprocessor run.
Compiler and Run-Time Migration Guide
A number of new/updated compiler messages have been added to Messages that are introduced with V5R1.
Messages and Codes
New/updated Compiler Informational Messages:
IBM2831I I, IBM3000I I, IBM3019I I - IBM3021I I, IBM3024I I. For details, see Compiler Informational Messages (1000-1076, 2800-2999, 3000-3100).
New/updated Compiler Error Messages:
IBM2465I E - IBM2475I E. For details, see Compiler Error Messages (1226-1499, 2400-2599).
New/updated Compiler Severe Messages:
IBM2300I S - IBM2310I S. For details, see Compiler Severe Messages (1500-2399).
New/updated Condition Codes:
430-436. For details, see Condition codes 1 through 500.
Along with the PL/I
Note: Only the English versions are refreshed. The Japanese versions will not be refreshed until the next product GAs.