Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V5.2 documentation is refreshed to include the following enhancements:
Enhancements in usability
The compiler supports the date/time patterns DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YY. See Date/time built-in functions.
The new VALUELIST and VALUERANGE attributes limit the set of values that a variable, an argument, or a returned value can have.
New or changed built-in functions, pseudovariables, and subroutines
- The new built-in function REPLACE replaces one or more occurrences of a substring by another substring within a target string, and returns the target string with replaced substring.
- The new built-in function MEMREPLACE fills a target buffer with the contents of a source buffer with one or more occurrences of a specified third buffer replaced by a fourth buffer, and returns a size_t value that indicates the number of bytes that are written to the target buffer.
- The new built-in function VALIDVALUE returns a value that indicates whether the value of an expression matches one of the element in a variable's value set.
- The built-in function FILEDDWORD lets you use the DSORG option to get the data set organization of the file reference.
- The EXIT option lets you specify a string that can be up to 1023 characters long.
The RULES compiler option has the following change:
- PADDING | NOPADDING
- The new LOOSE/STRICT suboption of the RULES(NOPADDING) compiler option lets you also find structures with leading and trailing padding.
- The SQL preprocessor now supports references using elements of DEFINE STRUCTURE statements. See Declaring host variables.
Along with the Enterprise PL/I for
Note: Only the English versions are refreshed. The Japanese versions will not be refreshed until the next product GAs.