Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V5.2 documentation is refreshed to include the following enhancements:
Enhancements in usability
- The compiler supports use of LIKE in ENTRY descriptions and parameter declarations. See LIKE attribute.
- The compiler supports use of SUPPRESS(NOGLOBAL) as an attribute. See SUPPRESS attribute.
- The compiler supports use of // as an end-of-line comment indicator. See Delimiters and operators.
- The compiler supports specifying different ROUTCDE and DESC values in DISPLAY statements. See DISPLAY statement.
New or changed built-in functions, pseudovariables, and subroutines
- The new built-in function GETSYSINT returns a size_t value that is the value of the requested system information.
- The new built-in function ONOPERATOR returns a CHAR(2) string whose value is the operator in an ASSERT COMPARE statement that raised an ASSERTION condition.
- The new built-in function SCRUBOUT returns a string with all the characters from a second string removed.
- The new built-in function UUID4 returns a CHARACTER(36) string that is a version 4 universally unique identifier.
- The built-in function GETSYSWORD supports ACTINFO, JESNODE and MSGCLASS as keywords.
- The built-in function MEMCONVERT has been extended to take a parameter t that specifies the technique to be used in the conversion.
- The JSON built-in functions are now supported under CMPAT(V1).
- The USAGE compiler option has the following change:
- REGEX( RESET | NORESET )
- The new REGEX(RESET) suboption of the USAGE compiler option lets you save and restore the current locale value when the codepage argument to the REGEX function is different than the codepage corresponding to the current locale.
- The RULES compiler option has the following change:
- GLOBAL | NOGLOBAL
- The new NOGLOBAL suboption of the RULES compiler option lets you flag any variable that is used in a nested subprocedure of the block where the variable is declared with AUTOMATIC, CONTROLLED, DEFINED, PARAMETER, and ASSIGNABLE STATIC.
Along with the Enterprise PL/I for
Note: Only the English versions are refreshed. The Japanese versions will not be refreshed until the next product GAs.