IBM PL/I compiler has released a new version on System z. The recent announcement of Enterprise PL/I V5.1 reinforces the continuing IBM commitment to the PL/I programming language on the z/OS platform.
Specifically, V5.1 offers:
- Enablement of PL/I applications to handle big data requirements with 64-bit support
- Increase in programmer productivity and application modernization with XML enhancements
- Over 20 additional customer-requested enhancements, which include:
- Built-in function enhancements to improve programmer productivity
- Support for date and time of '00010101' for YYYYMMDD
- Enhanced flagging to help improve code quality
- Ability to produce an expression decomposition listing
- I/O VSAM enhancement
- Additional compiler messages to help with problem diagnosis
- Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) date-time built-in functions
- Compiler options to help with enforcing and establishing coding standards
- Improvements in middleware functionality with additional SQL support for DB2 applications
With Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V5.1, you can take advantage of more than 50 years of IBM experience in PL/I compiler development.