You have identified the areas you need to gather information on and want to create reports to substantiate the data. However, you are unable to get any existing reports or create any new reports within your Tivoli Storage Productivity/ Tivoli Storage Productivity for Replication V5.x environment. For example, you notice that none of the report creation options are enabled for the Tivoli Storage Productivity for Replication component. Most likely this problem occurs if the Tivoli Storage Productivity for Replication Db2 interface is not configured properly and is not pointing to the DB2COPY1 instance. Check the Cognos log (cogserver.log) file for the following error message:
CM-SYS-5003: Content Manager is unable to access the content store. Verify your database connection parameters.
Run the default Db2 and IBM Database Client Interface Selection Wizard, and change the instance name to DB2COPY1, then reboot the server.
Now you should be able to create your reports. But what if you do not want the reports to be saved in the Cognos Content Store database? Instead you want to save your Cognos reports to a local file system. The first task is to specify a root directory in the file system in which the output of reports can be saved. To do this, configure an archive location in IBM Cognos Global Configuration:
1. Open the IBM Cognos Configuration GUI.
2. Select Actions > Edit Global Configuration.
3. Click the General tab.
4. In the Archive Location File System Root field, enter a file URI. For example,
enter file:///e:/tpcreports or file:///usr/tpcreports.
5. Click OK.
6. Select Actions > Restart.
Once the root directory in the file system is established specify the file system locations for your reports:
1. In Tivoli Storage Productivity Center, select Reporting > View Predefined
2. From the Launch menu in Tivoli Common Reporting, click Administration.
3. Click the Configuration tab.
4. Click Dispatchers and Services.
5. Click the Define File System Locations icon .
6. On the Define file system locations page, click New.
7. Specify a name and the directory for the location on the file system, and then click Finish. For example, enter sales. The directory is created the first time that the output of a report for the directory is created. Repeat this step to configure more file system locations if you desire.
Note, that when you schedule a report you will see, in the Delivery area, the Save to the file system check box selected. Optionally, you can click Edit the options to specify the file name to use, and the location of the report on the file system. You can also specify what to do if a file name exists. For example, you can specify to use the report name as the file name. You can click Make the file names unique and append a timestamp to add the date and time to the file name. Remember to click OK when you are done.
Special thanks to the Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Level 2 support and ID teams for making this information available.