Our DDC journey continues with another great integration sample! This time, you will learn about the use of the DDC framework to connect to a Domino database and integrate its data into IBM WebSphere Portal.
Even if you are not that much into Domino, this all new sample is a fantastic DDC learning exercise, because it explains two different approaches for using DDC:
- The first part gives you heaps of details on the implementation of a custom DDC plugin that uses the Java API of a Domino server.
- The second part uses the JSON support of the DDC framework and loads the remote data via Domino REST service.
In addition, both approaches support a paging mechanism to present only clear subsets of data to the end user.
- IBM developerWorks article including a link to the OpenNTF download page
- PDF of the IBM developerWorks article
- OpenNTF download page including the sample code