This new developerWorks quick guide explains the basics of how IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager [product info] centralizes the management of privileged and shared accounts and helps you track and audit the activities of privileged users so you can provide effective security and authentication governance. The guide focuses on the growing problem of insider IT threats by demonstrating five major functions to counter potential abuses by insiders:
- Managing privileged user identities centrally.
- Defining privileged roles and entitlements.
- Reducing risk by consolidating privileged accounts.
- Controlling access and tracking usage of shared identities.
- Providing automated password management.