Short URL for this post: http://ibm.biz/Bd4YXg
IBM provides advance notification of End Of Support (EOS) dates allowing customers reasonable time to complete software upgrades or to refresh appliance products. To view upcoming EOS dates by product segment, click a link in the list below.
View all IBM Software EOS announcements for 2018 and 2019.
Q: What are the major Support Lifecycle milestones?
A: The major Support Lifecycle milestones are:
- General availability (GA) - Refers to the date that a new version or release of the product is available to all users. A product version/release is not published to the Support Lifecycle web site until the GA date.
- End of Marketing (EOM) - Refers to the effective date on which a version/release (and associated part number) ceases to be available and can no longer be ordered via standard price lists.
- End of Support (EOS) - Refers to the last date on which IBM will deliver standard technical support for a given version/release of a product.
- End of Life (EOL) - Refers to the effective date on which a Software product, an Appliance or a Hardware platform reaches the end of its useful life.
Q: How do you determine if your installed software is still supported?
Q: What happens when EOS is announced?
A: Often, there is a newer version of the software available for download. In most cases, you’ll have sufficient time to plan for and install the latest version. For more information on the lifecycle stages, including EOS, view this short YouTube video on the IBM Product Lifecycle and EOS.
Q: What is the standard version format for IBM Software products?
A: The full product version is expressed by a four-digit code known as the IBM Version, Release, Modification and Fix Level structure, or VRMF. View this Technote for additional information and description of each element. You may also find this Glossary of product support and maintenance terms helpful.
Q: Where can you view additional details on product updates or replacement information?
A: Using the Support Lifecycle Search, search for your product, select View for details and click the EOS announcement link to view Replacement program information.
Q: What are your options if you are unable to upgrade or refresh your current products before EOS?
A: You can request a Support Extension. Support Extensions are available for Customers who are unable to migrate to a supported version, release or appliance platform prior to EOS. For more information, visit the IBM Security - Extended Support page.
Q: How do you stay connected for future product announcements?
A: There are several ways to receive product announcements:
- Subscribe to My Notifications for important IBM support updates and announcements. Learn how by watching this short YouTube video - Subscribe to My Notifications or visit this page for more information Stay up to date with My Notifications. You can access My Notifications via IBM Support Community at: Subscribe to notifications.
- Build and save a custom product list using the Support Lifecycle Search tool.
- Go to IBM Support Lifecycle - Search software lifecycle
- Enter product name, keyword or product ID and press Enter or click Search
- View results and click the checkbox(s) to the left of your Product name and Ver/Rel/Mod to add to list
- Continue to search for your products until your list is complete
- My product list - click View lifecycle details for your list and once the list is displayed, bookmark the page in your browser
- You may also subscribe to receive updates via RSS feed or Download lifecycle data for your product list
- Sign up for iNews - IBM Announcements for your location.
- Go to IBM Offering Information - Additional resources tab
- Look for Publications & news and click the Subscribe to IBM announcement letters link (lower left column)
- Complete the enrollment information (Items marked * are required)
Q: How can you connect with IBM Security on social media?
Q: Where can you find more information on IBM Support policies?
A: You can view and download the IBM Support Handbook(s) that are relevant to the product(s) you use.
The IBM Support Lifecycle Policy sets forth the minimum length of time IBM will provide security content and technical support for a product version and release. Click the applicable product segment link below to view the Support Lifecycle Policy.