Users can use wsadmin command “recoverMEConfig” to recover the lost configuration data of a messaging engine. Using this command the configuration data of the crashed or lost messaging engine and its child destinations of type queues and topic spaces will be recovered.
The persistent messages in the message store can be recovered once the messaging engine is started after the command executes successfully. However not all the configuration data will be available for the user and hence the user needs to keep in mind the cases listed below:
What will be recovered for messaging engine configuration
- The UUID of the messaging engine will be recovered
- The name of the messaging engine will be generated on basis of the bus name, node name and server name specified as input parameter by the user in the command. If these values are different from the crashed or lost messaging engine then original messaging engine name will not be recovered.
- localizationPoints for all queues and topics defined on messaging engine
What will be recovered for messaging engine destinations
- localizationPointRefs for all queues and topic spaces defines on messaging engine
- The system exception destination name is created after the name of the messaging engine. Hence if the bus name, messaging engine name is same as the lost or crashed messaging engine name in the message store , then it will be recovered with same UUID else it will be recovered by same UUID but with different name.
Please Note: Default values that have been changed for the administrative properties of Messaging engine and destination can’t be recovered. When user will recover, all properties are set to their default values