IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact 220.127.116.11 has been released on Sep 28th 2018.
Fix Pack includes the following enhancements:
- Upgrade to the following components:
Java has been updated to version 1.8.0_181 (8.0 SR5 FP20)
WebSphere Application Server Liberty has been updated to version 18.104.22.168
- NOI: Provide process and functions to update NOI Data and Source Type for the new Configuration UI to refresh information
A new UI Data Type function is now available to update data type from within a policy.
A new Data Source Resource API is now available, to update data source from within a policy using a new function.
New Function and Process to Dynamically Add Rollups and view them in DASH
Make NOI configuration actions less manual
- NOI Pattern Matching Functionality. You can extend pattern matching functionality in the following two ways to enable the discovery of a pattern instance on more than one resource:
Using regular expressions: You can define a regular expression to apply to the contents of the resource field during pattern matching. Resource names that match the regular expressions are candidates to be included in a single pattern. You can optionally specify a regular expression when you create a pattern.
(New in FP14) Using Name Similarity: This feature uses a string comparison algorithm to determine whether the resource names contained in two resource fields are similar. Name similarity is used when patterns are suggested and when live events are correlated to identify pattern instances. The end result is that during pattern processing of live events it is possible to have more than one resource name in a single pattern instance if the string comparison algorithm determines that the resource names are similar. By default name similarity is enabled.
- Enhancement to the RBA Add-ons:IBM Runbook Automation (RBA) (IJ02154):
If a user has the Runbook Automation add-on installed, additional Predefined filters can be added via the Impact GUI, by performing the following actions:
1. Expand the RBA_Derby datasource to reveal the data types.
2. Right click on the RBA_PredefinedFilters data type and select view Data items.
3. Click on the top left "New Data item" button.
4. Insert the required fields for the new Predefined Filter into the data item fields in the Data Item Field Editor.
If using the FILTEROPERATORS, 'LIKE' or '=', surround the FILTERVALUE field with single quotes. For example:
Set the FILTERTYPE to PREDEFINED i.e: FILTERTYPE:PREDEFINED
5. Click Save
Note:The newly added predefined filter will be available to be used in the RBA DASH GUI after 5 minutes. The RBA release that contains this feature was released on August 24th 2018.
The following Netcool/Impact APARs are delivered with Fix Pack 13:
Document update APARs
- IJ02154: RBA: SERVICE RESTART REQUIRED WHEN ADDING PREDEFINED FILTERS IN RBA DIRECTLY TO THE DATABASE
- IJ03831 EVENT LOCKING LOCKS ALL EVENTS READERS ON VALUE
- IJ04364: WATCHED/ARCHIVED/ACTIVE PATTERNS GET DELETED ON RE-RUN
- IJ05850: THREADS ARE NOT CLOSED AFTER COMMANDRESPONSE FUNCTION WAS USED
- IJ05990: HISTORY IN UNIX CONTAINS UNENCRYPTED PASSWORDS
- IJ06931: NOI DOCUMENTATION REFERS TO CREATING THE SEASONALITY DB IN DB2
- IJ06939: WHEN CA SIGNED CERT RECEIVED ORIGINAL REQUEST MUST BE DELETED
- IJ06995: DOCUMENTATION UPDATE NEEDED FOR OPERATOR VIEWS
- IJ07082: NOI CONFIGURATION DOESN'T SAVE AFTER FP13 WAS INSTALLED
- IJ07242: ADD GUIDELINES FOR IMPACT/RUNBOOK INTEGRATIONS THAT CONNECT TO ACUTELY ACTIVE OBJECT SERVERS
- IJ07744: RE_GETGROUPINSTANCEV1 POLICY UNABLE TO RETRIEVE VALUES FOR CUSTOM ROLLUP FIELDS