Today we release a new version of Sametime for on-premises customers! Congratulations to the team for releasing Sametime 9.0.1. We have been looking forward to giving our clients capabilities such as the direct registration softphone that enables a company to connect to their own telephony systems and make calls through Sametime. In addition, we are pleased to provide Citrix support which has been long awaited. See the full announcement here.
- A new direct-registration softphone that gives users the ability to use the Sametime desktop client to place and receive phone calls as an extension of your existing telephony system
- Optimized support for Citrix XenApp on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Windows desktops
- 64-bit Microsoft Office support
- A more intuitive, easy to use meetings experience
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) support for authentication on IBM Connections Cloud
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and the US Government's Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- A native Sametime Web Player browser plug-in (no Java™ dependency) for audio and video and screen sharing in Meetings on Microsoft Windows workstations
- Enhanced annotations on the Web and mobile Meetings clients (not available on the desktop meetings client in this release)
- Security improvement for safer HTML usage in Meetings
- Desktop and browser client support on Apple Mac OS X 10.11 and Microsoft Windows 10
Thank you to the team for making this release happen, including Barry Rosen, Marlon Machado, Christian Jackson, Julie Reed, Murali Sastry and all of development!