technical users, especially developers, are accessing the web with, the developerWorks site is a good starting point.
Our assessment of the results is summarized below:
- Firefox usage has dropped to about 35 percent. This compares to a high of 38 percent in 2011.
- Chrome usage has grown to about 27 percent. In the 2nd quarter of 2011, Chrome usage was at 19 percent. Chrome usage continues to grow rapidly among our audience and has started to eat into the usage numbers for Firefox.
- Combined IE usage has dropped to about 31 percent. The majority of IE users are still on IE8 (about 15 percent) with IE9 usage representing just about 3 percent of our audience. IE6 usage is in the 3 percent range, and IE7 usage is hovering at around 10 percent. IE8 usage is still about the same as last year, indicating that IE is likely to continue to lose ground to browsers like Chrome.
- IE usage has fallen off to about 17 percent for June 2012, representing more than a three percent drop since January.
- Firefox usage is almost identical for w3schools , but Chrome usage is up to about 42 percent.