OverviewThe getting started with Spring sample is provided for a quick introduction to the Spring framework integration. The sample consists of shell and batch scripts that are designed to start a simple grid with very little customization needed.
This sample demonstrates the following concepts:
- How to use Spring beans to demarcate eXtreme Scale transactions.
- How to start eXtreme Scale servers within a Spring Inversion of Control (IoC) container.
- How to create eXtreme Scale plug-ins using Spring beans and wire them together.
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 7.0 FIX 4 or Version 7.1 or later
- The sample will only run in the stand-alone WebSphere eXtreme Scale installation or the trial version .
- Java Software Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.5 or later
- Spring 2.0 libraries
- AspectJ libraries
- Commons-logging libraries
To install the sample follow these steps:
- Download the GettingStartedSpring.zip file from the following downloads section.
- Extract the GettingStartedSpring.zip file to the <ObjectGrid>/samples directory.
The <ObjectGrid> directory is the directory where the eXtreme Scale trial was extracted, or the ObjectGrid directory within a WebSphere eXtreme Scale product installation.
Running the sample
The GettingStartedSpring.zip file contains the GettingStartedSpring binary class files and the source files. The sample can be run with the supplied scripts for Windows and UNIX operating systems, or can also be run in Eclipse. For details on running the sample, see the README.txt file in the extracted GettingStartedSpring directory. For details on running the sample in Eclipse, see the ECLIPSE_README.txt file also located in the extracted GettingStartedSpring directory.
Post any feedback on this sample as a comment on this page.
|GettingStartedSpring.zip||68 kb||Jan 12, 2011||Original|
|WXSSpringCache.zip||30 kb||Nov 5, 2012||Updated|