OverviewThe WebSphere eXtreme Scale Asynchronous Service framework is a set of function built around the eXtreme Scale product which provides a scalable and fault tolerant processing fabric for asynchronous processing of messages and their associated consumer logic. The messages are dispatched into the grid where they are distributed to the grid partitions in a reliable and fault tolerant fashion. This package contains the framework libraries as well as a simple test application.
For detailed information on the the Asynchronous Service Framework, read article: IBM Extreme Transaction Processing (XTP) patterns: Fast and scalable asynchronous processing with WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale version 126.96.36.199 or later.
- The sample will only run in the standalone WebSphere eXtreme Scale installation, the trial version .
- Java Software Development Kit (JDK) version 1.5 or later.
To install the sample follow these steps:
- Download the AsyncService.zip file from the downloads section that follows.
- Extract the AsyncService.zip file to the <ObjectGrid>/samples directory.
The <ObjectGrid> directory is the directory where the eXtreme Scale trial was extracted, or the ObjectGrid directory within a WebSphere eXtreme Scale product install.
Running the sample
The AsyncService.zip file contains the AsyncService binary class files and source files, and a basic objectgrid XML file and deployment XML file.
For details on running the sample, see the README.txt file located in the extracted AsyncService directory. For details on running the sample in Eclipse, see the ECLIPSE_README.txt file also located in the extracted AsyncService directory.
Please post any feedback on the sample as a comment on this page.
|AsyncService.zip||82 kb||Mar 01, 2010|