OverviewWebSphere eXtreme Scale is a distributed caching system. WebSphere eXtreme Scale security is based on three key concepts: authentication, authorization, and transport security. This sample package contains the framework libraries as well as a simple test application required for the WebSphere eXtreme Scale and WebSphere Application Server security integration tutorial .
The tutorial assumes that all of your WebSphere eXtreme Scale clients, container servers, and catalog servers are deployed in the WebSphere Application Server environment.
- WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1 or 18.104.22.168 or later
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 7.0 or Version 7.1 with interim fix PM20613 must be installed on the WebSphere Application Server nodes.
- Update the Java runtime to apply the following fix: IZ79819: IBMJDK FAILS TO READ PRINCIPAL STATEMENT WITH WHITESPACE FROM SECURITY FILE
To install the sample follow these steps:
- Download the WASSecurity.zip and security.zip files from the downloads section that follows.
- Extract the WASSecurity.zip and security.zip files to a temporary directory, for example the /opt/wxs_samples directory.
Running the sample
The WASSecurity.zip file contains the necessary configuration and application files for the WebSphere Application Server security tutorial. The security.zip file contains the security properties files for the tutorial. Please refer to the tutorial in the WebSphere eXtreme Scale Information Center for details on running the sample.
Please post any feedback on the sample as a comment on this page.
|WASSecurity.zip||78 kb||Dec 17, 2010||File contains the necessary configuration and application files for the WebSphere Application Server security tutorial.|
|security.zip||6 kb||Dec 17, 2010||File contains the security properties files for security tutorial.