WebSphere eXtreme Scale provides the Credential and CredentialGenerator interfaces that allow you to configure client credentials in the form of a user name and password pair, a Kerberos ticket, a client certificate, or data in any other format that is agreed upon by the client and server. The server uses the Authenticator interface to give clients access to the grid.
For more information, see Security API in the eXtreme Scale Programming Guide.
Enabling authentication consists minimally of the following steps:
- The administrator changes configurations to make authentication a requirement.
- The client provides a credential to the server.
- The server authenticates the credential to the registry.
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale version 220.127.116.11 or later
- The sample will only run in the standalone WebSphere eXtreme Scale installation, the trial version .
- Java Software Development Kit (JDK) version 1.4.2 or later
To install the sample follow these steps:
- Download the SecureDeployment.zip file from the following downloads section.
- Extract the SecureDeployment.zip file to the <ObjectGrid>/samples directory.
The <ObjectGrid> directory is the directory where the eXtreme Scale trial was extracted, or the ObjectGrid directory within a WebSphere eXtreme Scale product install.
Running the sample
The SecureDeployment.zip file contains the following SecureDeployment files to enable and test client authentication:
- server and client property files
- scripts to create a key store
- XML files to start secure servers
- binary class files and source files to run a basic application (the included client is graphical).
For details on running the sample, see the README.txt file located in the extracted SecureDeployment directory. For details on running the sample in Eclipse, see the ECLIPSE_README.txt file also located in the extracted SecureDeployment directory.
Please post any feedback on this sample as a comment on this page.
|SecureDeployment.zip||45 kb||Mar 01, 2010|