Author: Geetha S Pullipaty
Product: Infosphere Master Data Management.
Component: Data Stewardship and Governance.
Other prerequisite software: IBM Business Process Manager 8.5.6 , IBM Process Designer 8.5.6, IBM Stewardship Center 11.5.0 installed and configured.
IBM Stewardship Center provides the ability to perform proactive data stewardship activities around Physical MDM with a dashboard called “SEARCH”. It allows you to Search for an Entity , select one among various search results and View/Update various details about that Entity like Addresses, Names and so on.
It also provides a graphical view of the relationships of the party with other parties in a tab namely “Explore” in Edit Party screen.
This document concentrates on getting the required labels on this graphical view for custom added relationships on MDM.
Problem: I added a new relationship type with type code “300000” in cdreltp of MDM and I have two parties with relationship created among them. The screenshot in Explore tab now is:
1. Login to IBM Process Designer with required credentials.
2. Provide edit access to this user to MDM Application Toolkit in the list of toolkits.
Make sure “Allow users to update toolkit” checkbox is checked.
3. Open MDM Application toolkit in designer.
5. Modify the script “Load Label Map”.
6. Add the following line of code at the end of the script.
Note : If you need to do localization for this label , you can add it in the Localization Resource “MDM_Hierarchy_Resource” and use it accordingly in the script as
7. Once done these changes, save all the modifications.
8. Take a new snapshot of MDM Application toolkit
9. Upgrade the dependency of MDM Application toolkit in MDM Stewardship Toolkit and create a new snapshot of MDM Stewardship Toolkit.
10. Upgrade the dependencies of MDM Stewardship Toolkit and MDM Application Toolkit in MDM Party Maintenance process application.
Please make sure not to miss step 9.
11. Reload Search dashboard from Process Portal and search for the same record and go to edit page. The explore tab now looks like