jaylimburn 2700028UUJ Visits (4511)
Rarely do I talk to a customer about MDM without the role of Workflow being discussed within the first 10 minutes. Correct usage of Workflow when interacting with Master Data is important both for an effective Data Stewardship strategy but also to ensure that Master Data is served up to lines of business in an organized manner. IBM InfoSphere MDM provides robust Workflow capabilities out of the box that can be utilized across many domains, addressing workflow requirements for master data stewardship and governance as well as enterprise wide consumption.
Recently IBM has published some excellent information to help you understand how you have utilize MDM Workflow to improve your master data quality and enhance your enterprise processes. Check out the links below to understand how MDM Workflow can help you and your business....
IBM developerWorks explains the MDM Workflow capabilities of the InfoSphere MDM platform to Ensterprize Architects:
IBM DataMag article explains how workflow with MDM can enhance your business processes:
Author: Geetha S Pullipaty
Product: Infosphere Master Data Management.
Other prerequisite software: IBM Business Process Manager 8.5.6 , IBM Process Designer 8.5.6, IBM Stewardship Center 11.5.0 installed and configured.
Problem: I added a new relationship type with type code “300000” in cdreltp of MDM and I have two parties with relationship created among them. The screenshot in Explore tab now is:
1. Login to IBM Process Designer with required credentials.
2. Provide edit access to this user to MDM Application Toolkit in the list of toolkits.
Make sure “Allow users to update toolkit” checkbox is checked.
3. Open MDM Application toolkit in designer.
5. Modify the script “Load Label Map”.
6. Add the following line of code at the end of the script.
7. Once done these changes, save all the modifications.
8. Take a new snapshot of MDM Application toolkit
9. Upgrade the dependency of MDM Application toolkit in MDM Stewardship Toolkit and create a new snapshot of MDM Stewardship Toolkit.
10. Upgrade the dependencies of MDM Stewardship Toolkit and MDM Application Toolkit in MDM Party Maintenance process application.
Please make sure not to miss step 9.
11. Reload Search dashboard from Process Portal and search for the same record and go to edit page. The explore tab now looks like