z/OS V2R2 Continues to be tightly integrated with z Systems hardware enhancements. By exploiting the new functions and features of z/OS V2R2 and the IBM z13, you can build a highly scalable next-generation infrastructure needed to power the digital enterprise. Together, they offer the capacity, scale, availability, and throughput required to improve business performance and support new cloud, mobile, and analytics workloads without risking service levels.
Five key areas to help you improve your infrastructure are:
- Performance: Find out about changes to RMF, WLM, RSM, and UNIX system Service changes in our IBM z/OS V2R2: Performance, SG24-8292
- Batch parallelism: You may be able to reduce your batch windows. Check out the JES2 enhancements in IBM z/OS V2R2: JES2, JES3, and SDSF, SG24-8287
- Security: Increase your levels of security and flexibility with certificates. See IBM z/OS V2R2: Security, SG24-8288
- Storage: Manage your data more efficiently by exploiting the latest enhancements. Refer to IBM z/OS V2R2: Storage Management & Utilities, SG24-8289
- Sysplex: Enhance your Sysplex by exploiting the latest enhancements. Take a look at IBM z/OS V2R2: Sysplex, SG24-8307
These are just some of the exciting enhancements delivered with z/OS V2R2. IBM Redbooks is covering the V2R2 release extensively with multiple publications and other related content to help you upgrade. Check out their new z/OS V2R2 landing page here.
Have a question? Let us know in the comments.