Dynamic organizations want to accelerate growth while reducing costs. To do so, they must speed the deployment of business applications and adapt quickly to any changes in priorities. Organizations today require IT infrastructure to be easy, efficient, and versatile.
The VersaStack solution combines the innovation of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure with the efficiency of the IBM Storwize® storage system. The Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure includes the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), Cisco Nexus and Cisco MDS switches, and Cisco UCS Director. When combined with either the IBM Storwize V7000, the IBM Storwize V7000 Unified, the IBM Storwize V5000, or the IBM IBM FlashSystem V9000, VersaStack enhances virtual environments with its Data Virtualization, Real-time Compression™ and Easy Tier® features. These deliver extraordinary levels of performance and efficiency.
Here are 5 things to know about VersaStack:
- VersaStack Solution for Private Cloud Built with Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure and IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Storage. As you turn to cloud computing to enhance business agility, your IT infrastructure must be easy to integrate, automate, and orchestrate. VersaStack with Cisco UCS® Director offers everything you need to deploy infrastructure as a service (IaaS). This unified, pretested, and validated data center solution is built on a flexible and secure shared IT infrastructure using leading technology from Cisco and IBM.
To ensure you deploy the right Cloud foundation, take a look at this at-a-glance paper to learn more: VersaStack Solution for Private Cloud
- VersaStack Solution for Remote- and Branch-Office Deployments using Cisco Integrated Infrastructure with Cisco UCS Mini and IBM Storwize V5000. You need IT infrastructure at your remote-office and branch-office (ROBO) locations, point-of-sale locations, and small IT environments to deliver your business applications. The VersaStack Solution for remote- and branch-office deployments provides the versatility, efficiency, and ease you need at the edge of your data center.
To learn more about this solution and the benefits that it can bring, take a look at this at-a-glance paper to learn more: VersaStack Solution for Remote- and Branch-Office Deployments
- VersaStack Solution for High Performance Cisco Integrated Infrastructure with IBM FlashSystem V9000 Storage. Whether you need to accelerate the performance of your entire data center or deploy solutions to support specific high-performance applications, the VersaStack solution for high performance can help you achieve your goals. With this flash-memory-based solution, you can create cost-effective data center infrastructure that delivers IT agility and helps answer crucial business questions in less time. To learn more about the scalable performance of this solution, take a look at this at-a-glance paper to learn more: VersaStack Solution for High Performance
- VersaStack Solution for Data Center Scale Out Built with Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure and IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Storage With rapidly increasing data storage requirements, IT infrastructure inefficiencies, and complex troubleshooting techniques, your IT staff can have difficulty supporting business priorities and meeting service-level agreements (SLAs). When handling growth and change turns into a complex exercise in scaling and migration, supporting more workloads and getting the most out of your IT resources is difficult and expensive to achieve. To learn more about the VersaStack Solution for Data Center Scale Out, take a look at this at-a-glance paper: VersaStack Solution for Data Center Scale Out
- VersaStack with VMware: an easy-to-manage, efficient shared infrastructure based on Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure and IBM Storwize Unified storage If your IT staff and IT infrastructure can’t respond, you likely need to move from a traditional design with static resources to a flexible computing strategy that supports dynamic resource allocation and increased utilization. IBM and Cisco can help you replace your disparate layers of computing, network, and storage resources with an integrated solution that delivers IT and business agility for less. For more information on how to deploy the shared infrastructure you need, take a look at this at-a-glance paper: VersaStack with VMware: Easy-to-manage, efficient shared infrastructure
Cisco and IBM have a long history of working together to deliver technology that benefits our mutual clients. VersaStack expands on this success with an innovative validated design that brings together IBM Storwize and FlashSystem, and Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) integrated infrastructure.