5 Things to Know about IBM Z Technical University
MartinKeen 1200007VU3 Visits (5339)
Security continues to be a growing concern in this digital age. At a fundamental level, the success and security of applications and business solutions depend on the right infrastructure. IBM Z delivers a powerful foundation for a robust, secure infrastructure. You can grow your skills in this key area when you attend the IBM
This conference gives you a deeper dive into critical topics across the Z platform. You can explore the IBM z14’s pervasive encryption, a data-centric approach to information security that moves the security paradigm from selectively encrypting data to encrypting everything. This achieves both economies of scale and reduced risk. You can also learn about Blockchain, Linux, LinuxONE and more.
Here are 5 reasons to attend:
1. Sharpen your expertise with 250+ sessions and labs led by IBM Distinguished Engineers, IBM developers and product experts
It's hard to beat the value of learning from the IBM experts who develop the products. Their insights and perspectives are unrivaled. Many sessions are led by IBMers who work closely with clients so they can speak to how the technologies perform out of the labs in customer environments. Plus, you can learn by doing with many hands-on labs and workshops. Scroll to the bottom of this post for a peek at some of the most popular, in-demand sessions.
2. Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
Dozens of vendors are showcase their latest offerings. IBM organizations such IBM Systems Lab Services will be in the Solution Center. The Solution Center is your go-to destination for using the latest technology while getting your questions answered by experts.
3. Expand your professional network when you connect with peers and product developers
Post-conference surveys reveal that professional networking consistently ranks as a top reason people attend IBM events. Where else can you meet product developers and others that use similar technologies all in one place? Throughout the 4.5-day conference, there are multiple venues for exchanging ideas and business cards!
4. Engage IBM experts at the Poster Session Showcase
Harken back to your middle-school science fair at the Poster Session Showcase where IBM speakers talk with you about research or a project that they're passionate about. It's a great chance for one-on-one conversations with IBM experts.
5. Save on skill building with our 3 for 2 offer
When two co-workers register and pay full tuition, a third can join them at no cost. So, three colleagues from the same firm get trained for the price of two! Details can be found on the registration page.
Here are just a few of the Washington, DC sessions. See all that’s in store…250+ sessions and labs… when you browse the agenda.
IBM z14 and pervasive encryption
• Technical overview of the new IBM z14 Parts 1 and 2
• Installation planning and migration considerations for the z14
• How do you do what you do if you're a z14 CPU
• How to measure that new IBM z14
• IBM z/OS software support for IBM z14
• The pervasive encryption imperative
• How you can benefit from pervasive encryption: An industry perspective
• Leverage z Systems' pervasive encryption to lower your IT costs
• IBM z/OS pervasive encryption: A real-life walk-through
• The encryption pyramid: Choosing the level that works for you
• A guided tour of policy based data set encryption
• Protecting data through encryption of Coupling Facility Structures
• DFSMS data set encryption: Pros and cons vs. other encryption methods
• How to estimate the benefits of pervasive encryption
IBM LinuxONE and Linux
• Build an Enterprise Hub on Linux on Z or the new Emperor II
• Why the new Linux ecosystem on LinuxONE enables new horizons
• KVM and OpenStack on IBM LinuxONE and IBM Z
• Exploiting IBM Z cryptographic hardware on Linux
• Linux on IBM z14: Performance and testing experiences
• Making the business case for Linux on z Systems and IBM LinuxONE
• Secure DBaaS on LinuxONE
• Advanced LinuxONE and z Systems management with IBM Wave for z/VM
• Introduction to docker and mobile with docker containers on Linux for IBM z Systems: Hands-on lab
• Blockchain 101
• Best practices for your first Blockchain
• Monitoring Blockchain on Linux on IBM Z
• Why run Blockchain on IBM z Systems?
Don’t miss out on this week of unbeatable skill building. Get