5 Things to Know about Developing a Blockchain Business Network
DeanaC 270006P895 Visits (6329)
Blockchain has emerged as a disruptive technology for trading assets and sharing information. It has the capability to transform many industries, professions, and aspects of life. If you are a developer looking to build blockchain solutions and use the IBM Blockchain Platform (IBP) to launch, test, and move applications into production, then there is a new IBM Redbooks publication that will help you get started. The series of papers will describe how to use IBM Blockchain Platform to test and scale your business network, how to integrate with an existing System of Record COBOL business application running in CICS on z/OS, and how to manage changes to your business network in a production environment.
The first paper in the series is called:
This publication covers some blockchain for business use cases and describes how to get started defining, developing, and deploying a Hyperledger Composer business network to Hyperledger Fabric, both locally on a workstation and remotely on the IBM Blockchain Starter Plan.
5 Ways to benefit from downloading this paper:
1) Access to source code for fully implemented Composer fund clearing network that allows network participants to process payments between each other, replacing the function of a traditional clearing house. The implementation includes function and scenario test cases and access control list rules. (Try this fund clearing app - details for download are in the Redpaper!)
2) Understanding of key blockchain concepts and components of Hyperledger, the project that underpins IBM Blockchain Platform.
3) How to develop a business network using IBM Hyperledger Composer, including best practices in modeling the business network, performing test driven development, implementing smart contracts, defining access control lists, and debugging.
4) How to drive the end to end flow of the fund clearing network using IBM Composer Playground.
5) How to deploy to a Composer business network using the IBM Blockchain Platform Starter Plan.
Blockchain technology increases the speed of business by providing trusted shared ledgers and enforced smart contracts. Business networks are enhanced with immutability, provenance, consensus, and finality. To start learning more about how Blockchain can help you and get started developing a Blockchain Business Network, download this paper and play with the available app! Your feedback is welcome!
Vance Morris is a Staff Software Engineer at the IBM Systems Integrated Solutions Test group. Having held customer advocate positions in the IBM Z Dallas ISV Center, IBM Ecosystem Development, and Z Academic Initiative, he remains dedicated to the success of every client. He is passionate about mainframes and Linux and loves to find ways to bridge the two together.