Growing your skills is always a smart career move. The IBM Systems Technical University, May 22-26 in Orlando, is the perfect forum for polishing your skill set. Designed for unabashed "techies," this 4.5 day conference offers you a deep dive into smarter computing implementation, product announcements, infrastructure, and key topics across the z Systems, Power Systems and Storage platforms. Here are five reasons to attend:
- IBM Edge technical training sessions are now ONLY available at IBM Systems Technical Universities
Now in their 23rd year, IBM Systems Technical Universities are industry-renowned global training events for focused, in-depth systems training. Since the Edge conference will not run in 2017, these systems universities are the place for you to get pure technical training. The first university runs May 22-26 in Orlando, FL.
- Sharpen your expertise with 600+ sessions led by IBM Distinguished Engineers or Product Experts
It's hard to beat the value of learning from the IBM experts who develop the products. Their insight and perspective are unrivaled. Many sessions are led by staff from our Systems Centers. These people work closely with clients so they can speak to how the technologies perform out of the labs in customer environments. Plus numerous opportunities are available for you to learn from your peers via panel discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes. Here's a sample of some of the most in-demand sessions and popular speakers at IBM Systems Technical University in Orlando. Get the details when you browse the session abstracts in the Agenda Preview Tool:
IBM z Systems
- The Future of IBM z Systems: Pervasive encryption in the digital age - Tarun Chopra, IBM z Systems Hardware Offering Manager
- Machine learning for IBM z/OS: Technical deep dive and use cases, meet the experts and hands-on labs - Machine Learning team from IBM Analytics
- What's new in z/OS Ver 2.3 and Migration Planning - Riaz Ahmad, IBM z/OS Core Technologies Support and Marna Walle, Senior Technical Staff Member z/OS System Install
- Top ten mainframe trends you probably don't understand - Glenn Anderson, IBM z Systems Consultant and Worldwide Technical Events Content Manager
- IBM z/VM 6.4: A customer driven release - Bill Bitner, IBM z/VM Customer Focus and Care
- Mainframe brain drain: The millennials, the myths and the legends - Christy Schroeder, Worldwide IBM z Skills Client Leader
IBM Power Systems
- IBM POWER9 Systems futures
- IBM i latest and greatest
- AIX and PowerVM trends
- Linux Performance on IBM POWER8
- Intersection of IBM PowerAI and open data platforms
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize: How it works - Barry Whyte, Master Inventor, IBM Global Markets Systems Hardware
- SVC/AIX/A9000/A9000R: Configuration best practices - Brian Sherman, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Storage
- IBM Storage future directions - Clodoaldo Barrera, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Technical Strategist, IBM Systems
- IBM Flexible Spectrum Scale - Build your own Software Defined Storage, big or small - John Sing,Offering Evangelist, IBM Elastic Storage Server, Spectrum Scale
Since learning by doing is one of the best ways to enhance your skills, the sessions include hands-on labs and workshops where you can experience the products firsthand. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie, there's a session for you!
- Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
More than 50 vendors will be on hand to showcase their latest offerings. Many IBM organizations will also have booths, including IBM Redbooks, which will highlight the latest IBM Redbooks materials published. The Solution Center is your go-to destination for using the latest technology while getting your questions answered by experts.
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers, industry analysts and IBM executives
Post-conference surveys reveal that professional networking consistently ranks as a top reason people attend IBM events. Where else can you meet product developers, IBM executives and industry analysts all in one place? Throughout the 4.5 day conference, there are multiple venues for exchanging ideas and business cards!
- Earn your IBM Professional Certification via onsite certification testing
Validate your expertise when you earn the valuable credential of an IBM Certified Professional. Certification testing is available on a drop-in basis during conference business hours. Exams are offered at a special rate of only $100 -- a 50 percent discount from what you'd pay at a testing center.
If you register by April 16, 2017, you can save $400 with our Early Bird rate. Don't wait. If you can't make the Orlando university, check out the full schedule of worldwide events at ibm.com/training/events.
IBM Systems Events