Tips using PARMGEN to configure OMEGAMON XE Messaging 730 Product and 3270 UI NTH Feature
TianPF 270004TT64 Visits (6673)
With the latest version of OMEGAMON 530 products, NTH(Near Term History) function is available. NTH is good for the customer to debug and diagnosis monitoring issue. We would use UA73689 HKCI310 driver in this article to introduce the PARMGEN support for the OMEGAMON 530 and 3270 UI NTH feature. This paper would show the way how to configure OMEGAMON XE Messaging agent and 3270 UI with PARMGEN. What is more, User can learn the way to enable NTH within 3270 UI.
1. Find the %hlq.TKANCUS dataset and send 'EXEC' command to start the PARMGEN panel.
2. Select '3' to go for the Quick Configuration mode:
PARMGEN Quick Configuration mode is a streamlined way of configuration which can simplify the RTE setup process. This new feature make it easier to setup a new RTE.
The 'GBL_USER_JCL' is the user JCL lib where 'KCIJPCFG' configuration job customized;
The 'GBL_USER_JCL' is the High Level Qualifier of the new RTE
Press Enter and open the main menu of Quick Configuration mode:
3. Choose option 1 and press enter, PARMGEN would guide the user go from one and another panel to setup a new RTE.
OMEGAMON XE Messaging 730 agent and OMEGAMON 3270 UI(KOB) would be configured:
Press Enter and submit the batch JOB.
4. Back to the PARMGEN main menu and choose step 2 to edit the RTE profile:
There are 3 group of options with 7 items in total:
(1) option 1 is the main RTE parameter profile deck for each LPAR;
(2) option 2 is the global parameters profile deck, the middleware's libraries and system libraries are specified in this deck.
5. User need to specify all the required parameters in parameter deck for each product. There are some tips needed to be pointed out :
(1) The APF dataset list can be generated automatically by PARMGEN with the following 2 parameters:
The APF would be automatically enabled in the agents' STC by sprcifying 'RTE
7. NTH configuration option:
There are many combination of options for historical data configuration in PARMGEN to meet different requirement :
(1) Taking OMEGAMON XE Messaging KMQ agent for example:
The reason why we set this parameter in PARMGEN is that user do not need to change the parameter file manually any longer after the RTE have been created. As they need to enable the agent's historical data collection first and then they can get NTH data.
(2) User also need to decide where to store the historical data:
(3) If user set historical data collected location in TEMS and then set the 'KMQ
8. After completing all the editing work in step 2, go back to the PARMGEN main menu and run the batch job of Step 3 and Step 4 to complete the file allocation and RTE creation work.
In this example, we are doing the configuration for OMEGAMON 3270 UI and OMEGAMON XE Messaging 730 agents with PARMGEN. So we just need to run some of the jobs in Step 4 to complete creating the RTE:
There are some for this step:
-- 1. KCIJ
-- 2. KCIJPUSP and KCIJPUSS job is required when there are products that need to allocate USS path, such as ITM's SDA function, OMEGAMON XE Messaging for Websphere Message Broker agent.
-- 3. KCIJPLNK,KCIJPSEC is required when there is security utility for the products, such as the Classic UI of OMEGAMON for MVS, OMEGAMON for DB2 and OMEGAMON for CICS.
-- 4. KCIJPSYS is a batch job to copy all the required STCs and VTAM member to the system libraries that they should be in.
Choose the jobs in Step4 and submit them all at once.
All the configuration work in PARMGEN is completed at this stage.
User need to do more configuration to make NTH data available in 3270 UI:
(1) Logon the with the application ID of *tom address space and navigate to 'KMQSTART' panel:
User can open the PDS Historical Collection panel under View item in 'KMQSTART' panel. Here is a screen snapshot for OMEGAMON XE Messaging product:
This panel would display all the attribute groups that support NTH.
In order to start NTH for specified attribute group, User just need to type 'S' in front of the attribute group and press Enter. Taking 'Page Set Long-Term History' for example:
User need to input the 'Collection Name', 'Collection Interval' and 'Collection Location' and 'Distribution' in the panel.
Then move to the bottom of this panel and press Enter in front of 'OK' tab to make the NTH configuration take effect:
It is the same steps for other attribute group. User then can check the NTH data in 3270 UI.