OA35754: Improve your OMEGAMON II for CICS (CUA) profile imports
bobby_g 060000DF9B Visits (2057)
KC2IMP - Member &dsn(&mbn) is not a valid profile
KC2IMPFF - Import failed for profile xxxx
KC2IMP - KLVTBULD failed with rc=6 reason=1
When you are upgrading OMEGAMON II for CICS profiles from V4.1.0 to V4.2.0 use the dynamic profile export/import facility interface to import your profiles.
Before you begin your profile export, you must allocate a partitioned data set with the following attributes:
Data Set Name . . . . : hile
Organization . . . : PO
Record format . . . : VB
Record length . . . : 256
Block size . . . . : 25600
1st extent cylinders: 1
Secondary cylinders : 5
Data set name type : PDS
Directory blocks . .: 44
Note: Space and directory block allocations should be adjusted according to the number of members that will be stored in the data set, using IBM data set allocation standards.
The dynamic profile update facility enables you to export and import individual OMEGAMON II (CUA) interface profiles dynamically to and from a partitioned data set.
To export or import a profile using the OMEGAMON II (CUA) interface, follow these steps:
1. Verify that the OMEGAMON II for CICS started task name, CANSC20, has write authority to the partitioned data set.
2. Log on to your OMEGAMON II (CUA) interface and select a CICS region.
3. From the Region status panel, select Options and enter 8 - Region profiles.
4. From the Region Profile panel, select Action and enter 5 or E - Export profiles or enter 6 or I -Import profiles.
5. Enter the name of the profile you wish to export or import, the data set name of the partitioned data set that will be written to or read from, and the member name in the partitioned data set that the profile will be exported to or imported from. The data set must already exist.
6. After you export a profile to a PDS, do not modify the PDS member; otherwise unpredictable results might occur when you import the profile.