This is John Arnesen with NetView z/OS level 2 support.
NetView v6r2 has introduced command "NVINFO" to collect data for the active NetView session. NVINFO issues a series of subcommands to assist with data collection and troubleshooting. The commands include the following:
- Environment variables (see the LISTVAR command)
- System resource use by the NetView program (see the RESOURCE command)
- Data set status, disposition, DD names, and data set names of the files that are currently allocated to the NetView program (see the LISTA command)
- Task information (see the TASKMON ALL ALL, LIST STATUS=TASKS, and LIST STATUS=VOST commands)
- Central processing unit (CPU) utilization and storage use for NetView tasks (see the TASKUTIL command)
- NetView system defaults and overrides for the task on which the NVINFO command is issued (see the LIST OVERRIDE command)
- z/OS XCF groups in which the NetView program participates (see the LIST STATUS=XCFGRPS command)
- Security options and their current values (see the LIST SECOPTS command)
- Discovered data located in the CNMALLDA member of the DSIPARM data set
- Formatted CNMSTYLE statements and settings
- Policy data
NVINFO output is written to the netlog, or can be written to a dataset by specifyng OUTDSN=xxxx.xxxx.xxxx. The OUTDSN dataset must be preallocated. See HELP or the Command Reference for allocation specifics.
Last but not least - NVINFO can be used to dump NetView using the DUMP option: NVINFO OUTDSN=hlq.mlq.NVINFO DUMP=’NetView Dump’
See HELP or the v6r2 Command Reference for more information on NVINFO.
There is similar function available in NetView v6r1 with the SVCLOG61 exec.
See this link for more information: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21624299