IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.1
JeroenTiggelman 27000186A5 Visits (5236)
IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.1 has become generally available on June 15, 2012.
Notable features include:
* coverage of minidisks and real devices in dedicated new report types VM_MDISK and VM_DEV, available from menu options RE.V.M and RE.V.RD.
* exploitation of a security API provided in z/VM V6R2 by RACF, which adds a number of reports and options that were only available under z/OS before, e.g.
- substantial extensions to menu option AU.S - RACF control: many new and enhanced reports on RACF security settings
- ability to specify "locate the live database" instead of having to specify the location on disk
* comparison capabilities throughout the UI to highlight differences between databases and system snapshots
* more adaptation to the z/VM environment (e.g. more automatic detection and connection, option to use CMS XEDIT even when ISPF/PDF is available)
In addition, this release is based on zSecure for z/OS 1.13.0 and as such includes some enhancements provided in the 1.12.0 and 1.13.0 releases of zSecure Admin and Audit, e.g. the ability to use block commands to apply commands to multiple profiles at once.
This release provides currency with z/VM V6R2. Edit: Maintenance is available for z/VM V6R3 and zHPF.
You can read the full US announcement letter here.
zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.1 no longer provides service for z/VM V5R3 (which is out of support).
zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.0 provided toleration support for z/VM V6R2 through PTF UV61155 for APAR VM17762; however, it does not provide exploitation of the new API provided by RACF.
The format of the UNLOAD file changed between 1.11.0 and zSecure Admin and Audit 1.12.0. APARs OA35002 and OA35026 (for ACF2) provided compatibility PTFs for zSecure Admin and Audit 1.11.0 and below. PTF UV61166 for APAR VM17819 provides compatibility for zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.0.
If you want to keep using ISPF/PDF as your editor of choice, change the Mode parameter in the product configuration file from ISPF to ISPFPDF, as the ISPF value now only pertains to ISPF/VM.
Edit: For the PTFs that provide toleration support for z/VM V6R3 and zHPF, look here.
Edit: For the next release 1.11.2 of this product, look here.
You can post any questions here or on the zSecure developerWorks forum