Today IBM has announced a new release of the IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS.
IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS offers a single point of control for a broad range of systems management functions. You get the visibility, control, and
automation of a large range of system elements spanning both the hardware and software resources of enterprises in a sysplex. IBM Service Management Suite for
z/OS provides automation, network, and systems management to address business agility on IBM System z.
We have implemented a variety of new Automation and Performance Management features with focus on improved user experience through simplification and new capabilities to manage your zEnterprise application environment in a modern and efficient manner.
In order to really deliver the value that our clients expect, we have run comprehensive transparent development programs with many clients. We received much feedback, which helped us to improve the design of the various components in a way that users get a service management solution that fits their needs.
Service Management Suite V1.2.0
- Extends the components to the next level of integration in order to allow for increased value in terms of high availability, automated operations, and proactive automation. System administrators and operators require an integrated set of tools for complete, consistent, and integrated monitoring across the System z environment in the enterprise in order to help ensure continuous availability of a mainframe application environment.
- Helps system programmers, operators, and system administrators to easily and more intuitively install and customize various components.
- Provides additional System Automation functions helping users to reduce the costs of IT operations, to lower risks of application downtime, and to improve system and application availability.
- Includes enhanced OMEGAMON functions with Tivoli OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS V5.3 updates
- Reduces the risk of application downtime with proactive automation enhancements (out of the box policy-based management of looping address spaces to help Subject Matter Experts to execute various recovery actions without the need for programming.)
- Improves the security of the automation environment through an intuitive role-based approach.
- Allows for improved policy-based system customization through multiple user support
- Supports enterprise-wide status display through a wide range of customization capabilities.
I talked to a customer the other day and he mentioned something I'm really proud to hear: "I am always impressed with the IBM development team. They take on board feedback and are very open to new suggestions". This attitude is it what helped us to deliver the new big thing out of IBM software development.
Learn more: http