Creating TDSz system tables in batch mode
MarkShewell 110000PSVV Visits (1547)
APAR PM32671 provides the capability to create TDSz system tables in batch mode for TDSz V181 only. Customers that regularly recreate their TDSz environments may find this enhancement useful for streamlining these operations by eliminating manual online system table creation from the process.
Using sample job DRLJCSTB
You can use new sample job DRLJCSTB as a starting point for building batch system table creation JCL suited to your environment. This job runs the TDSz initialization program DRLEINIT to process service requests presented to the batch input DD name DRLBIN. At present the only service that can be requested is the system table processing routine DRLEAPST. This routine accepts commands to create, update or delete system tables in batch mode.
- The sample includes a dummy DBINIT step. You can replace this with a database initialization step based on your customized copy of the DRLJDBIN sample job if required.
- The DRLFPROF DD name must refer to a valid TDSz profile data set with parameters set correctly for the database you are using.
- If you run with QMFUSE=NO then the QMF EXEC data set is not required in the SYSEXEC concatenation.
- DRLBIN input must be in the form DRLEAPST command, where command is CREATE, UPDATE or DELETE. No other input is valid.
- For more information refer to the HOLD DOC provided with the PTF for PM32671.