To: OMEGAMON Customers and Business Partners
Re: OMEGAMON Beta Program
The OMEGAMON Development team is looking for interested customers and business partners to participate in the Beta Program for the next release of the IBM OMEGAMON family. The Beta Program started on January 13, 2014 with OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS, and on February 17, 2014 OMEGAMON XE for Messaging on z/OS was added. OMEGAMON XE on z/OS beta code will be available soon for download and installation.
The beta program is a great way for participants to evaluate the value of new OMEGAMON enhancements as they are being developed and tested, and to interact directly with the OMEGAMON Development team. Program support includes receiving assistance during the beta and education on the new capabilities. As a beta participant you can provide valuable feedback to influence the capability and value of the new OMEGAMON release. You will be able to validate how new OMEGAMON enhancements can be of value to you, and participation allows you to help shape the product capabilities as they are being developed to better match your company's needs. The beta program is also a great way for you to establish a long-term relationship with the OMEGAMON Development team. .
Based on customer requirements and feedback, the new capabilities for the OMEGAMON XE on z/OS Beta include:
* Enhanced 3270 User Interface improvements
* Improved Installation and Configuration capabilities via PARMGEN
* Near term historical data viewed in the Enhanced 3270 User Interface
We appreciate your consideration on participating in this beta, and hope it will be a useful and positive experience where both you and our development team can gain new knowledge on how OMEGAMON can make your company more successful.
Thank you for your time. If you have questions or you are interested in participating in our OMEGAMON XE Beta Program, please contact Dean Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Only one person per company needs to complete the nomination form and agree to the online license.
* Access to an ID and password controlled support website will be provided. The website will include discussion forums to provide feedback or ask questions to Development.
* Web conferences will be scheduled to cover product enhancements and other specific topics including live product demonstrations. You are welcome to participate in web conferences, or watch recordings if you are not able to attend the live web conference.
* Beta code and documentation drafts will be provided for electronic download as they are available during the Beta.
This is intended to be a public announcement, you are welcome to forward to others who may be interested.
We look forward to your positive response.